The Student Room Group

Census team leader job application

I applied and finished interview on xmas eve. If I’m successful I will be invited to a pre-employment screening stage.

However I went to the Census connect website which holds my application and personal deets, and saw a ‘new’ Tab appear titled ‘Pay Profile’ which asks for banking details and NI number.
My Q is, why would they ask for this info before offering a job? Is that normal nowadays?
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pacinobrigante
I applied and finished interview on xmas eve. If I’m successful I will be invited to a pre-employment screening stage.

However I went to the Census connect website which holds my application and personal deets, and saw a ‘new’ Tab appear titled ‘Pay Profile’ which asks for banking details and NI number.
My Q is, why would they ask for this info before offering a job? Is that normal nowadays?
Thanks

Does it have a deadline for you to complete the bank details?
Original post by 04MR17
Does it have a deadline for you to complete the bank details?

Hi, It doesn't have one.
I filled it in anyway.
My mate had an interview on the Dec 17th and got to the next stage on the 19th via email.
My interview was on the 24th Dec and I haven't heard anything since. So I think it's safe to presume I failed to get past the interview to the next stage.
Hi, It doesn't have one.
I filled it in anyway.
My mate had an interview on the Dec 17th and got to the next stage on the 19th via email.
My interview was on the 24th Dec and I haven't heard anything since. So I think it's safe to presume I failed to get past the interview to the next stage.

Hmmm, my normal rule is expect the worst and hope for the best.
So it's best to assume that you were not successful but double check your junk mail and make sure on their application system that they have all the correct contact details for you. :yy:
There is also the potential that they haven't had anybody working since Christmas eve or the person in charge of recruitment won't be back until 4th or something. So keep your eyes peeled. :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Hmmm, my normal rule is expect the worst and hope for the best.
So it's best to assume that you were not successful but double check your junk mail and make sure on their application system that they have all the correct contact details for you. :yy:
There is also the potential that they haven't had anybody working since Christmas eve or the person in charge of recruitment won't be back until 4th or something. So keep your eyes peeled. :smile:

Yes that’s the best way, so difficult to get a job. Thanks for the inspiration. Because I expect the worst, I even told myself, computers make all the decisions and send emails...and there’s no computer that takes a xmas break. Lol. On the other hand, my application online still says ‘in progress’...but hey...I’m not pinning my hopes on that!
I’ll report bck when I have something solid! Cheers!
Heard anything back? Hope you got it!I have my interview coming up soon :smile:
Hey! I’m in the exact same situation. Have you heard back at all yet?
nothing guys! its crazy no word on anything!
Original post by blondiezombie199
Heard anything back? Hope you got it!I have my interview coming up soon :smile:

good luck!
My profile also opened up the new tab with the Pay Profile and today (3rd day after the interview) I got a text reminding me to do my pre employement checks, before the link expires. So I call them up, and they said that there are technical issues so the email with the link should arrive within 48 hours. I just received 2 emails in the row saying that I went through to the next stage and need to do my checks now, but still no email with the link! Think they are having massive technical issues!
(Original post by blondiezombie)
My profile also opened up the new tab with the Pay Profile and today (3rd day after the interview) I got a text reminding me to do my pre employement checks, before the link expires. So I call them up, and they said that there are technical issues so the email with the link should arrive within 48 hours. I just received 2 emails in the row saying that I went through to the next stage and need to do my checks now, but still no email with the link! Think they are having massive technical issues!

Oh wow, congrats! I had my interview weeks ago and never heard anything back (although the pay tab did open up). I’m guessing I was unsuccessful if you heard back good news that quickly after!
Original post by carrotcake2
(Original post by blondiezombie)

Oh wow, congrats! I had my interview weeks ago and never heard anything back (although the pay tab did open up). I’m guessing I was unsuccessful if you heard back good news that quickly after!

They did say they are having technical issues! Did you ever tried calling them up?
Original post by blondiezombie
They did say they are having technical issues! Did you ever tried calling them up?

Well at the end of my interview they said I’d hear between 15-25, though that it would probably be early in that timeframe. So I’m probably going to wait until the 26th to call. I guess there’s still time...

Congratulations to you though!!
Well at the end of my interview they said I’d hear between 15-25, though that it would probably be early in that timeframe. So I’m probably going to wait until the 26th to call. I guess there’s still time...

Thanks! I really hope you got it too!

I am sure you would hear from them even if it's a no, so the fact that you haven't heard anything means that there's still a chance! Good luck to you both too and post back when you know something!
Original post by blondiezombie

Congrats! Yeah if you are not successful you should get an email saying so...but i’m not holding my breath!

I had my interview on xmas eve! I called them up Jan 8th, they said the had a massive queue of applications to sift through...I told them my mate got email for employment checks...but no email to say he was successful. Anyway he hasn’t heard from them since 27th dec.

They told me they have pushed my application to the front to review.,,still nothing..
Reply 16
I applied for a census officer job, had my "welcome event" just before new year and then didn't hear anything until a couple of days ago when I got sent all the pre-employment check stuff. Have filled it all in, and my online account for the checks tells me this, but they've still sent an email saying it's incomplete, so there must be issues with the system somewhere by the sounds of it.
Original post by Sitter
I applied for a census officer job, had my "welcome event" just before new year and then didn't hear anything until a couple of days ago when I got sent all the pre-employment check stuff. Have filled it all in, and my online account for the checks tells me this, but they've still sent an email saying it's incomplete, so there must be issues with the system somewhere by the sounds of it.

My online connect account says still in progress?? I wish they just say i failed. I took my interview on 24th dec. useless gov incompetent as always
Actually i never asked, which regions did you apply from? Mines is Yorkshire,
(edited 3 years ago)
I am sure they will tell you if you failed because your application will be withdrawn so the system will automatically inform you! But yeah it's such as a pain waiting. I would give them another call tho, because I can tell the pre-employement checks will take a lot, seeing as you have to give full history of your jobs and get everyone to send the form back (so annoying!) So if youre successful, would be best to do it asap so your start day is not delayed. I've done similiar checks when I was working at the airport and those are a pain to get people to fill out and send back...
I am applying from Bedfordshire
Reply 19
My online connect account says still in progress?? I wish they just say i failed. I took my interview on 24th dec. useless gov incompetent as always
Actually i never asked, which regions did you apply from? Mines is Yorkshire,

Mine still says 'in progress' too. Also received yet another email reminding me to fill in the pre-employment checks info :rolleyes: It's not actually the government handling the recruitment for the census, it's Adecco, also daft that the pre-employment checks are a separate log in/site to the application. I applied for the north west. Although I do *just* live in Yorkshire (boundary is 5m from the bottom of the drive), I can access more of the NW a lot quicker and easier than I can Yorkshire being west of the Pennines.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending