The Student Room Group

Need help! Choosing university for Msc Cybersecurity

Hi everyone,

I have got an offer from the following universities for MSc in Cyber security.
1. Royal Holloway,London.
2. Lancaster University.
3. University of York.

I loved the course modules of all the three universities and thus I have a slight confusion in choosing a university.

Can anyone in the cybersecurity/information security field help me? Among these, which university is better for the cybersecurity program? Which university has good teaching methods? Which university has a good reputation, considering the employability aspect?

Highly appreciate your response on this!
Reply 1
Hi everyone,

I have got an offer from the following universities for MSc in Cyber security.

1. Royal Holloway,London.
2. Lancaster University.
3. University of York.

I loved the course modules of all the three universities and thus I have a slight confusion in choosing a university.

Can anyone in the cybersecurity/information security field help me? Among these, which university is better for the cybersecurity program? Which university has good teaching methods? Which university has a good reputation, considering the employability aspect?

Highly appreciate your response on this!
Idk anything about cyber security but universities have all got a TFE ranking (gold, silver or bronze) which indicates the level of their teaching, so looking at that might be helpful.
Also looking at student satisfaction and ratings for your course
Reply 4
Original post by Cactus.554
Also looking at student satisfaction and ratings for your course

Hi,

Yes, I did check the TEF rankings and other ratings. However, few students who were from Universities with good rankings have not given good reviews about the course. It might be better for other courses but for Cybersecurity, it isn't upto the mark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending