The Student Room Group

Printed past papers

Hiya, can anyone please tell me where I can buy printed past papers?? I am taking edexcel bio (snab), chem & physics ... I can't find any available online - not even the 'practice paper workbooks' and haven't got a printer at home! (I can't get to the library to print them bcoz of lockdown, plus the teachers at schl can only print one paper/set per pupil ... :frown:)
TIA
Amazon maybe?
Could you not have the past paper open on your device and do your working on paper you already have? (I used to do that and just jot down the paper name so I knew which ones I’d done)
Reply 2
Original post by laurawatt
Amazon maybe?
Could you not have the past paper open on your device and do your working on paper you already have? (I used to do that and just jot down the paper name so I knew which ones I’d done)

Amazon = nope! Tried that. :frown:
I have been doing them on screen however
1. idk what subjects & exam boards u take but Edexcel AL science involves A LOT of diagrams etc that must be measured or drawn to scale
2. bcoz u can't underline things I either end up mis-reading the question or making some stupid mistake!
3. I find it takes more time to do them from screen bcoz u spend time going back & forward between the pages etc (plus it is really difficult when u need the data sheet or pre-release material open too) so it's not really a timed test if ygm?

Thank y tho
You should really consider getting something like an iPad with Apple Pencil.

If not then you can always draw the diagrams...
Original post by CassieOOL
Amazon = nope! Tried that. :frown:
I have been doing them on screen however
1. idk what subjects & exam boards u take but Edexcel AL science involves A LOT of diagrams etc that must be measured or drawn to scale
2. bcoz u can't underline things I either end up mis-reading the question or making some stupid mistake!
3. I find it takes more time to do them from screen bcoz u spend time going back & forward between the pages etc (plus it is really difficult when u need the data sheet or pre-release material open too) so it's not really a timed test if ygm?

Thank y tho

Ohhh I see, yeah probably won’t work then :colondollar: could you get a friend to print one or two off?
Reply 5
Original post by laurawatt
Ohhh I see, yeah probably won’t work then :colondollar: could you get a friend to print one or two off?

Simple answer... I have tried! My only friends are either from the same school. don't have a printer themselves or aren't allowed to :frown:
Original post by CassieOOL
Hiya, can anyone please tell me where I can buy printed past papers?? I am taking edexcel bio (snab), chem & physics ... I can't find any available online - not even the 'practice paper workbooks' and haven't got a printer at home! (I can't get to the library to print them bcoz of lockdown, plus the teachers at schl can only print one paper/set per pupil ... :frown:)
TIA

Personally when I was year 11 the teachers would give us hella past paper so ah
I’d also print my own but it’s probably not the most exo friendly
If you had a tablet it would be more efficient and practical though cause you can write on them there without having to have them printed
do you have a printer in school or you could buy a printer which would be much cheaper than buying a tablet
If you can download them as a pdf you may be able to get them printed and shipped using a print service.
(Bizarre that there seems to be plenty of books for every other exam board and not Ed excel...)
Reply 9
Original post by GabiAbi84
If you can download them as a pdf you may be able to get them printed and shipped using a print service.
(Bizarre that there seems to be plenty of books for every other exam board and not Ed excel...)

IKR Edexcel are ****! Contacting them myself is kinda my last resort :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Student198786
do you have a printer in school or you could buy a printer which would be much cheaper than buying a tablet

Still really expensive tho :/ (it's not just the cost of the printer but if u see the cost of ink it's horrific!)
Original post by Student198786

A printer would be cheaper but I think a tablet is a great investment.

Quick Reply

Latest