The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester fashion 2021

Has anyone applied for the fashion business courses in uom? Does anyone know whether the courses are competitive? I currently have predicted grades of ABC but the offer for the course is AAB... I think my personal statement is really good...but idk if they’re going to be lenient with the grades. I definetly think that I could achieve ABB tho but my school is pretty strict with predicted grades.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone applied for the fashion business courses in uom? Does anyone know whether the courses are competitive? I currently have predicted grades of ABC but the offer for the course is AAB... I think my personal statement is really good...but idk if they’re going to be lenient with the grades. I definetly think that I could achieve ABB tho but my school is pretty strict with predicted grades.

Also, I’m an international student and I heard that that international applicants are more attractive to universities so I hope that is a factor that they take into account as well...
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I’ve applied to do fashion marketing at UOM! I applied a week of two ago just waiting for an offer (hopefully)! I’m really nervous if I have to do an interview
Reply 3
Original post by Emily12003
I’ve applied to do fashion marketing at UOM! I applied a week of two ago just waiting for an offer (hopefully)! I’m really nervous if I have to do an interview

What are ur predicted grades? I hope I get an offer but I don’t meet the requirements:frown:
Reply 4

What other universities did u apply to?
Manchester met, UAL, Leeds and York St John Wbu
What are ur predicted grades? I hope I get an offer but I don’t meet the requirements:frown:

I’ve been predicted AAA but I don’t think I’ll get those grades
Why did I think this was gonna be a thread where people were posting their outfits for going to UoM 😭
Reply 8
Manchester met, UAL, Leeds and York St John Wbu

Leeds, Liverpool, Brunel, Exeter
Reply 9
I’ve been predicted AAA but I don’t think I’ll get those grades

Lucky u! I have predicted ABC but I do know tht I can get better grades:frown:
Lucky u! I have predicted ABC but I do know tht I can get better grades:frown:

I’m sure u will do great! I don’t think fashion courses are very competitive so they’re hopefully more lenient
I’m sure u will do great! I don’t think fashion courses are very competitive so they’re hopefully more lenient

Yea I’m hoping that it isn’t too competitive. I think it was in clearing last year. I just hope I get an offer cuz I really like the course in Manchester

Do yk anyone who’s got an offer for any fashion courses in Manchester yet?
Yea I’m hoping that it isn’t too competitive. I think it was in clearing last year. I just hope I get an offer cuz I really like the course in Manchester

Me too Manchester is definitely my top choice
Do yk anyone who’s got an offer for any fashion courses in Manchester yet?

Nope I’ve been trying to find people on here but this is the first post I’ve seen for fashion at UOM
Nope I’ve been trying to find people on here but this is the first post I’ve seen for fashion at UOM

Sameee that’s why I don’t think the course is that competitive

anyways how did u approach the personal statement?
anyways how did u approach the personal statement?

Honestly idk if my personal statement was that good haha, I just kinda wrote about why I’m interested in the course, how my a levels and work experience have helped me gain the skills necessary for the course and stuff like that. Wbu
Honestly idk if my personal statement was that good haha, I just kinda wrote about why I’m interested in the course, how my a levels and work experience have helped me gain the skills necessary for the course and stuff like that. Wbu

Yea same but I think my personal statement is pretty gd so hopefully they consider me
If your predicted grades don’t match or exceed the minimum entry requirements you are likely looking at an automatic rejection, regardless of whether you’re an international applicant or how good you believe your personal statement is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending