The Student Room Group

LNAT

Hi, a lot of the Universities I'm considering require the LNAT. Does anyone know of any resources that can help me revise for the LNAT?
Reply 1
There are some exam papers on their site and many books on amazon but with lnat is different from other exams. You won’t know any better if you do loads of papers. You only need to know the strategy and to try and read some newspapers.
Practice essay writing under timed conditions ** when you havnt been able to look at the essay title beforehand **.
Be careful about spelling and grammar - it really matters.

Thats all you can do. The rest of it is an aptitude test and you cant revise for that.
Reply 3
Original post by SmitaSinha
Hi, a lot of the Universities I'm considering require the LNAT. Does anyone know of any resources that can help me revise for the LNAT?

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by returnmigrant
Practice essay writing under timed conditions ** when you havnt been able to look at the essay title beforehand **.
Be careful about spelling and grammar - it really matters.

Thats all you can do. The rest of it is an aptitude test and you cant revise for that.

Thanks!
Practice can be helpful with the MCQ part of the test, although it will hardly count as revision.

This is because you will get a sense of the timing you need, the type of answers they are after, and you will be overall more confident and comfortable with the format. Confidence can go a long way. So I would not disregard preparation as a useful tool for the LNAT.
You can practice using resources online. I did not do that though and took it without any preparation whatsoever. I think I did alright, but I haven't seen my results yet. Don't put too much stock into preparation.
Original post by Conceited
You can practice using resources online. I did not do that though and took it without any preparation whatsoever. I think I did alright, but I haven't seen my results yet. Don't put too much stock into preparation.

As you are ignorant of prep and of your result, it does not make sense for you to advise people how prep might affect their result.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
As you are ignorant of prep and of your result, it does not make sense for you to advise people how prep might affect their result.

It's not a case of being ignorant but rather not seeing the merits in doing practise tests. So far as the assessment is concerned, people should just pace themselves and consider all the options. I thought it was much better instead to keep up to date with current affairs.

It makes sense for me to comment because I undertook the LNAT very recently.
Original post by Conceited
It's not a case of being ignorant but rather not seeing the merits in doing practise tests. So far as the assessment is concerned, people should just pace themselves and consider all the options. I thought it was much better instead to keep up to date with current affairs.

It makes sense for me to comment because I undertook the LNAT very recently.

I was using ignorant in a "technical" rather than derogatory sense. You said you did no preparation. So you are ignorant of the effect preparation might have on a candidate or the specifics of what it might encompass.

Well, I did my LNAT quite a few years before you, but it was thankfully not so long ago that I do not remember what the test is like. Plus I have taken many employment- and course-related aptitude assessments, which I think are more advanced than the LNAT. I am not wholly out of date. Once you get to uni, you will see your coursemates spend hundreds of pounds on A/C prep packs; and you will see these people on the whole do markedly better after completing several tasks, and reading feedback, versus their first or second time. It is no different with the LNAT.

I am not attacking you for your POV. I think it is worthy to challenge it as OP might take your advice and not have the natural abilities you have, and find themselves struggling on test day.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
I was using ignorant in a "technical" rather than derogatory sense. You said you did no preparation. So you are ignorant of the effect preparation might have on a candidate or the specifics of what it might encompass.

Well, I did my LNAT quite a few years before you, but it was thankfully not so long ago that I do not remember what the test is like. Plus I have taken many employment- and course-related aptitude assessments, which I think are more advanced than the LNAT. I am not wholly out of date. Once you get to uni, you will see your coursemates spend hundreds of pounds on A/C prep packs; and you will see these people on the whole do markedly better after completing several tasks, and reading feedback, versus their first or second time. It is no different with the LNAT.

I am not attacking you for your POV. I think it is worthy to challenge it as OP might take your advice and not have the natural abilities you have, and find themselves struggling on test day.

Very salient points here. I don't disagree.
I know you must be done with your LNAT but for people who aren’t, I personally think Arbitio is the best way to prepare. The tests are well put together and slighter harder than the LNAT so they prepare you well. It’s a bit pricey but worth it in the long run I have a discount code if anyone needs you can message me ! Happy to help :smile:
Original post by sameera1212
I know you must be done with your LNAT but for people who aren’t, I personally think Arbitio is the best way to prepare. The tests are well put together and slighter harder than the LNAT so they prepare you well. It’s a bit pricey but worth it in the long run I have a discount code if anyone needs you can message me ! Happy to help :smile:

Hello! I was wondering if you still have your discount code? Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending