The Student Room Group

fraud victim 1

sd
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Call the police
Original post by afghan345
hi everyone,
i had a problem with my walk in freezer, called an engineer to come and fix. everytime he came he used to fix for 2 to 3 days and then stop working again. paid him everytime he came. calling him now there is no response. what can i do now??? now freezer not workibg and he makes excuses now.

simple he is RIPPING you off . it should not do that what exactly is he fixing, do your research find out about his company any certifcates he has ?? but he deffo is ripping you off find someone else
Reply 3
Original post by YaliaV123
Call the police

he is working cash in hand
it is a total rip off
Reply 5
Original post by KAy1a.2021
it is a total rip off

what's the option
i dont know where he lives, only got his telephone number
what's the option

call the police
and provide evidence you may have
to back up your problem
what's the option

call him again and have police with u that way he cant run
Reply 8
Original post by fhhhhfffe
call him again and have police with u that way he cant run

i dont know what to do. he havent given my any receipt
i dont know what to do. he havent given my any receipt

firstly where did you find him from?
Reply 10
firstly where did you find him from?

a friend of my gave his number to me
Reply 11
a friend of my gave his number to me

paud him more than 700 pounds for the job
firstly if it keeps not working he isnt doing the job he wants u to call him back so u can waste your money. i would suggest u call a professional to check it out and then report the other guy to the police
or just have police at your house and report it to them and get him to come hes scamming u
Original post by KAy1a.2021
call the police
and provide evidence you may have
to back up your problem

Contact the manufacturer of your freezer and use the guy they recommend. More expensive by the hour but repairs guaranteed so cheeper in the long run!
firstly if it keeps not working he isnt doing the job he wants u to call him back so u can waste your money. i would suggest u call a professional to check it out and then report the other guy to the police
or just have police at your house and report it to them and get him to come hes scamming u

You're as guilty as him for paying in cash so the police is the worst solution, unless you want to explain why you didn't pay VAT!!
post the number here so we can report to police for you if you're too worried to do so
Report him for fraud. You can do it online.
hi everyone,
i had a problem with my walk in freezer, called an engineer to come and fix. everytime he came he used to fix for 2 to 3 days and then stop working again. paid him everytime he came. calling him now there is no response. what can i do now??? now freezer not workibg and he makes excuses now.

Move on, there's nothing you can do about it and anyway, you were paying cash in hand which is dodgy for your business. Fine a more legitimate freezer repair service.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
You're as guilty as him for paying in cash so the police is the worst solution, unless you want to explain why you didn't pay VAT!!

he wanted cash in hand, i have no problem with that. he didn't offer any recipt. if i had any it would be easier
700 quid is a lot of money. That person proper ripped you off.

Most people would cry for that money wasted. This is a tough learning lesson and I hope you learnt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending