The Student Room Group

Samsung Graduate Scheme 2021

Has anyone applied to the Samsung graduate scheme? I applied for marketing and have just got an email for the online tests!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, applied for the paralegal scheme! They replied to the online tests a week after I did them. Bit nervous about the video interview rn, I've done terribly in these before.
Reply 2
Original post by ALawyerAtGreggs
Hi, applied for the paralegal scheme! They replied to the online tests a week after I did them. Bit nervous about the video interview rn, I've done terribly in these before.

Same i'm so bad at those! When did you do the online tests? Doing mine today!
Original post by DYLAN98DM
Has anyone applied to the Samsung graduate scheme? I applied for marketing and have just got an email for the online tests!

Hey, thank you for making this thread and congrats! I've applied to the same scheme and have got a video interview. The online tests are quite difficult, you've got verbal, numerical and logical tests to do with about 60-90 seconds to complete each question. I was surprised that I got through to video interview! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Gradjobgirl
Hey, thank you for making this thread and congrats! I've applied to the same scheme and have got a video interview. The online tests are quite difficult, you've got verbal, numerical and logical tests to do with about 60-90 seconds to complete each question. I was surprised that I got through to video interview! Best of luck :smile:

OMG good luck! hopefully you do well on the VI!
Original post by DYLAN98DM
OMG good luck! hopefully you do well on the VI!

Thank you so much! I've just complete the VI, it was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be (famous last words!). Took about 20 minutes, but only had 60 seconds to prepare and 60 seconds to answer each question. Wasn't enough time! I would definitely say be concise in your answers
Has anyone else done the VI?
Thank you so much! I've just complete the VI, it was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be (famous last words!). Took about 20 minutes, but only had 60 seconds to prepare and 60 seconds to answer each question. Wasn't enough time! I would definitely say be concise in your answers

I have :smile: I agree 60 seconds isn't a lot to talk about my answer!!

I took the VI yesterday ! What questions did you get ? I struggled through the leadership question haha
Original post by grad_2019
I took the VI yesterday ! What questions did you get ? I struggled through the leadership question haha

Leadership Q? That's interesting, I think there are prob different questions depending on the scheme. I don't remember a q like that, but I remember some creative oriented questions, which I did not expect bc I am applying for the paralegal role.
Leadership Q? That's interesting, I think there are prob different questions depending on the scheme. I don't remember a q like that, but I remember some creative oriented questions, which I did not expect bc I am applying for the paralegal role.

I didn't get one about leadership! Defo think they changed the pool of questions depending on the scheme. Good luck to both of you, I wonder when we will hear back!
Hey, hope it goes well for you all! About to take my VI for the marketing graduate scheme tomorrow. Just wondering if you're given the chance to re-record responses and if you can take breaks in between questions? I'm assuming it's more like a real-life interview, although I took a VI for J&J today and was allowed to re-record my answers up to 2 times so would be good to know if it's similar with Samsung.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 2021_grad_
Hey, hope it goes well for you all! About to take my VI for the marketing graduate scheme tomorrow. Just wondering if you're given the chance to re-record responses and if you can take breaks in between questions? I'm assuming it's more like a real-life interview, although I took a VI for J&J today and was allowed to re-record my answers up to 2 times so would be good to know if it's similar with Samsung.

No re-recording, but if I recall well there are pauses between questions. Best of luck!

Hey! do you remember any examples? I'm preparing for their paralegal position at the Germany offices and dont know what to expect! I'm really nervous when it comes to video interviewing.
Original post by GiuseppeMo
Hey! do you remember any examples? I'm preparing for their paralegal position at the Germany offices and dont know what to expect! I'm really nervous when it comes to video interviewing.

Hiya, they were mostly competency questions asking you to prove your experiences make you fit for the role. Don't worry I am sure you will do great!
Have any of you heard back yet after taking the interview?
Original post by 2021_grad_
Have any of you heard back yet after taking the interview?

Hey, sorry for the late response! I haven't heard anything yet, I'm hoping we hear something in the next week or so - otherwise it's cutting it quite close to assessment centre period.
Havent heard anything either too.
I did my video interview for the paralegal grad role (it was awful) hopefully they get back soon so i can be put out my misery :biggrin:
How many questions are there for the VI? :smile:
Reply 19
Hi Guys

Samsung run their Final AC's for Graduate Applications between January - March 2021.

Has anyone heard back with an update following their VI? I submitted by VI for the People Graduate Programme on December 7th!!

Quite nervous as it's almost the end of January!

Quick Reply

Latest