The Student Room Group

A-Level Falling Behind Help!

Hi Guys,

I started year 12 in Sep 2020 and feel like I have had such a bad start and am behind on content. It's Jan 2021 now and our school still does As levels. I am doing physics, maths, further maths and econ Do I still have a chance to get all As at AS level? Any advice on how to catch up? Thanks!
Original post by ermmwhat3
Hi Guys,

I started year 12 in Sep 2020 and feel like I have had such a bad start and am behind on content. It's Jan 2021 now and our school still does As levels. I am doing physics, maths, further maths and econ Do I still have a chance to get all As at AS level? Any advice on how to catch up? Thanks!

Hi! Im also year 12, I'm doing math bio chem epq but no AS, so I might not be super useful, but I'll try my damndest.

Maths and fmaths:

maths genie
snap revise
maths and physics tutor

econ:

snap revise

physics:

physics and maths tutor

I do very different a levels so I'm not sure, but try the scribble technique (google it) for econ, do lots and lots of past papers :smile:
This website is also 100000% amazing https://yojana.academicunderdogs.com/signup It's brilliant!

all the best, you'll smash this!
Reply 2
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Hi! Im also year 12, I'm doing math bio chem epq but no AS, so I might not be super useful, but I'll try my damndest.

Maths and fmaths:

maths genie
snap revise
maths and physics tutor

econ:

snap revise

physics:

physics and maths tutor

I do very different a levels so I'm not sure, but try the scribble technique (google it) for econ, do lots and lots of past papers :smile:
This website is also 100000% amazing https://yojana.academicunderdogs.com/signup It's brilliant!

Hi,

I found out we actually don't have AS exams *face palms but an end of year exam and they kick you out if you get bad grades so thank you so much for this! A lot of people are quite secretive when it comes to helping others so I appreciate it! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CatInTheCorner

Maths and fmaths:

maths genie
snap revise
maths and physics tutor

econ:

snap revise

physics:

physics and maths tutor

Hi,
I was wondering what was your experience with academic underdogs? Like did they provide a revision plan for you on notion and stuff? As I dont know if I should sign up for the 10 day challenge, and do you have to pay for each day of the challenge?
Original post by Saz56
Hi,
I was wondering what was your experience with academic underdogs? Like did they provide a revision plan for you on notion and stuff? As I dont know if I should sign up for the 10 day challenge, and do you have to pay for each day of the challenge?

Hi,
I am done with year 13 but for students in my year who were falling behind or not making progress/were causing concern for their teachers, they would have mentoring sessions with members of the sixth form team and those who were still not making any progress were put into sessions with either the head of sixth form or the sixth form lead for teaching, learning & assessment.

Quick Reply

Latest