The Student Room Group

Teacher Training 2022 Applicants Thread

Hi Everyone
I know that it's ridiculously early to be starting this, but I'm just too excited to resist it! I wanted to start this thread for people wanting to do their teacher training in 2022. I'm really eager to do a primary SCITT course. I would love to meet some other people and meet people in similar positions as me!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Applying for Teacher Training for 2020 entry?:curious:

This thread is the place for you!:party2:
Welcome to the profession everyone told you not to join. :tongue:
Here you can meet other applicants and chat during the application process.:smile:

Name:
Applying at:

Give as much or as little detail as you want:wink:

There's lots of different ways to get into teaching. This guide may help you if you're not sure.

You can sign up and apply for Teacher Training on UCAS here. :smile:
Or for more information about that process, see here.

Also, here's a little motivator if you feel like you need a bit of inspiration.:h:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ThatFreakyGeek99
Hi Everyone
I know that it's ridiculously to be starting this, but I'm just too excited to resist it! I wanted to start this thread for people wanting to do their teacher training in 2022. I'm really eager to do a primary SCITT course. I would love to meet some other people and meet people in similar positions as me!

Hey
I'll be doing a primary SCITT in September 2021- feel free to ask me any questions about the application/interview process :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JamThatJam
Hey
I'll be doing a primary SCITT in September 2021- feel free to ask me any questions about the application/interview process :smile:

Hi, I was curious as to what they valued most in the interview? Was it more experience over your qualifications? What advice could you give to stand out? Also how competitive was the application process? Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions!
Original post by JJf1594
Hi, I was curious as to what they valued most in the interview? Was it more experience over your qualifications? What advice could you give to stand out? Also how competitive was the application process? Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions!

Hey, In the interview, the most important bit was your knowledge of teaching and the subject you are planning to teach (I'm doing primary, so they looked at your knowledge of teaching methods, behaviour management, safeguarding etc.). I would say that they defiantly value experience over qualifications (but this doesn't have to be school experience).

Some advice that I can give you is to make your personal statement stand out. Get a teacher training advisor from @GetIntoTeaching as they can help you as much as you want. I'd also suggest going for whatever route suits you and picking a provider best fits your needs (Uni prestige doesn't matter for teacher training). The SCITT route that I chose wasn't very competitive as they told me that they had unlimited spaces- However, this certainly isn't the case with all providers (some might be very competitive. I hope this helps and that I've answered all of your questions! :smile:
My interview was designed to make sure I knew what I had ahead of me.
Those scenario-based questions were pitched to see if I knew what was realistic about working as a teacher. They want to know that you understand what the job entails, what will be expected of you and what your motivation is to be a teacher.

More here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/jobs/careers/teaching/teacher-training-interview-advice
Hi Everyone
I know that it's ridiculously early to be starting this, but I'm just too excited to resist it! I wanted to start this thread for people wanting to do their teacher training in 2022. I'm really eager to do a primary SCITT course. I would love to meet some other people and meet people in similar positions as me!

Hiii!! I'm the same applying for 2022! Can't wait to start the process!!🤞
Reply 7
Applying here too - in Scotland so don't have the option of the SCITT route unfortunately. Debating applying through clearing in July for 2021 start (if any courses come up) and if nothing else it'll be a trial run for next year 😂
Hi Everyone

Hi, I also want to do a primary pgce in 2022. Please does anyone have an idea of any uni for January intake?
Also when is the best time to start the application for same intake
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Hi Everyone

Hi, in the same position as you. Hoping to apply later this year to start my training in 2022. Really eager to do a secondary SCITT, most nervous about writing a personal statement again :s-smilie:
Original post by esther_
Hi, in the same position as you. Hoping to apply later this year to start my training in 2022. Really eager to do a secondary SCITT, most nervous about writing a personal statement again :s-smilie:

Original post by Praise Ogbolu
Hi, I also want to do a primary pgce in 2022. Please does anyone have an idea of any uni for January intake?

Original post by gracewilliamson
Hiii!! I'm the same applying for 2022! Can't wait to start the process!!🤞

Good luck to everyone that will be applying in 2022.
I am currently a PGCE Primary (3-7) student at Newman University. If anyone has any questions please do message me I'm happy to help where I can.
https://www.newman.ac.uk/knowledge-base/postgraduate-teacher-education-pgce/
Oops! Newman uni isn't licensed to sponsor international students
Oops! Newman uni isn't licensed to sponsor international students

Yes, that’s correct. Newman University is unable to offer courses to students that require a visa to study in the UK.
Ooo hey everyone I am looking to study primary education (7-11) with QTS in September 2022 hopefully at Liverpool Hope. Currently studying drama, geography and psychology all with AQA
Original post by elaanorr
Ooo hey everyone I am looking to study primary education (7-11) with QTS in September 2022 hopefully at Liverpool Hope. Currently studying drama, geography and psychology all with AQA

Hey, I'm wanting to study the same course in 2022 but can't decide on what uni to go to. How did you decide on Liverpool Hope?
hii,
I've also applied for primary education with QTS for September, and now I'm waiting on the interview soon. I'm really excited but nervous at the same time :h:

As far as I'm aware, there aren't any unis that offer January intake for the PGCE- they structure the course so that it follows the school year, and you qualify ready for September start, when most jobs are available.

There may be some small SCITTS that offer a January start, though.

Is there a reason you can't apply for 2021 entry in September?
Also, shameless self plug, but some of you may find the FAQ I wrote last year useful: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6193808
I've put in an early application for Teach First in 2022, still not 100% sure if it's definitely what I want to do, but definitely a strong possibility!
Original post by SarcAndSpark
As far as I'm aware, there aren't any unis that offer January intake for the PGCE- they structure the course so that it follows the school year, and you qualify ready for September start, when most jobs are available.

There may be some small SCITTS that offer a January start, though.

Is there a reason you can't apply for 2021 entry in September?

Wasn't fully prepared as regards my documents..But I saw uni of Sunderland has Jan intake for the course...Please can you also help me verify

Latest

Trending

Trending