The Student Room Group

Doctor Who: Revolution of the Daleks

Who's excited?!?!
Jodie Whitaker and Co are the worst thing that has ever happened to doctors who.

The most recent plots have served no other purpose but to tell us what to think and how to behave.

Maybe this episode will surprise, but they are driving fans away in droves in an attempt to stay relavant.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by glassalice
Jodie Whitaker and Co are the worst thing that has ever happened to doctors who.

The most recent plots have served no other purpose but to tell us what to think and how to behave.

Maybe this episode will surprise, but they are driving fans away in droves in an attempt to stay relavant.

lol
Original post by SapphirePhoenix1
lol

It's not funny, it's the worst goddam thing that has ever happened :wink:. First Jodie Whitaker, next covid, what comes afterwards?

Yeah couldn't agree more, Jodie Whittaker is a great actress but the plots are abysmal and a definite attempt to try and make us more aware of social issues which I could do without in a sci-fi show.

Gutted because this new year's ep has Cap Jack in it who is one of my favourites but vowed to stop watching it until there's at least a new doctor if not a new show runner
Original post by ******is
Yeah couldn't agree more, Jodie Whittaker is a great actress but the plots are abysmal and a definite attempt to try and make us more aware of social issues which I could do without in a sci-fi show.

Gutted because this new year's ep has Cap Jack in it who is one of my favourites but vowed to stop watching it until there's at least a new doctor if not a new show runner

Maybe Jodie Whittaker is generally a great actress, maybe. It must be noted though that in this series Jo Martin, has been cast as a Doctor from earlier on in the doctors cannon. Her character is instantly compelling and charismatic, played brilliantly in fact.

The show doesn't just broach on social issues, I wouldn't mind that, Dr Who has always addressed social issues to an extent. The shows sole focus is social issues- every episode, ever character, every line. It is just irritating.
Reply 6

Basically every sci fi programme is shining a light on social issues, the problem with the way Doctor Who does it, is that it smacks you over the head with it rather than letting it naturally breathe through quality writing and acting.
Original post by Mess.
Basically every sci fi programme is shining a light on social issues, the problem with the way Doctor Who does it, is that it smacks you over the head with it rather than letting it naturally breathe through quality writing and acting.

This is going a few years back, but Tourch Wood is a brilliant example of how to explore social issues. They effectively blended it in to the script in such away that it wasn't like listening to chalk being drawn across a board.
This is going a few years back, but Tourch Wood is a brilliant example of how to explore social issues. They effectively blended it in to the script in such away that it wasn't like listening to chalk being drawn across a board.

Torchwood was very good at it , and I think David Tennant’s doctor had good storylines to explore such issues, but the writing for Jodie unfortunately has been lacking the subtlety :tongue:
Original post by Mess.

Yeah well said, there is definitely something to be said about subtlety.

What do you guys think about the rumours of Whittaker's exit? Happy/Sad?
Yeah well said, there is definitely something to be said about subtlety.

What do you guys think about the rumours of Whittaker's exit? Happy/Sad?

Happy that she’d be moving on (bc that last episode was crap)

Sad because she didn't really get to do as much as David Tennant or Matt Smith
Like, I would have wanted more (and better episodes) with her Doctor

I completely understand what you mean. Personally, I think it's more the people behind the scenes than the actors. I don't really mind Jodie whitaker or the other actors in the show, but I think because they changed the writers and the music composer which were one of the best things for the show. I have grown up watching doctor who since I was about 5, and I still haven't watched the new series. I think the writers are trying too hard to make it more educational and it isn't working. They should bring back Steven Moffat.
Happy that she’d be moving on (bc that last episode was crap)

Sad because she didn't really get to do as much as David Tennant or Matt Smith

Yeah I'm the same

Happy because a new doctor will hopefully shake things up and give us at least a chance of something changing for the better and sad because she deserved a better writer/showrunner to demonstrate how good she can be. I know a lot of fans love her but it sucks that she's the first female doctor and it's been so bad.
Who's excited?!?!

it was so goood!!!

the comments talking about Jodie being bad i kind of agree but it was announced that this was her last season.There was a few mentions of the weeping angels making an appearance in series 13!!!All my whovians i have a question! What would you guy think about clara coming back. Yh she is stuck in time with only one heartbeat but remember when there was multiple versions of her ,there could be another ?
Reply 15
I think they could do with ageing up the target audience. At the moment it is clearly around 7+, whereas I think if they aimed for 12+, you would be able to get a bit more creative with the writing and bring in some of the lapsed fans who are in their mid-20’s and later who were part of the Tenant era.
Overall I really enjoyed it :yep:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending