The Student Room Group

City University of London, LSHTM or UCL?

Which one would you choose considering they all offered me a place but at different conditions.
It's about the MSc in Global health at UCL, MSc Public health for development at LSHTM and MSc in Public health at City, University of London.
Due to the coronavirus chaos, I'll not be able to go through what they have requested for an indefinite period of time till the situation gets better and the only UNCONDITIONAL offer letter I received is from City, University of London so I'd go for this but what would suggest me otherwise? Please help!!!
Reply 1
It depends what you want out of each course: UCL is 10th in the world for public/global health and LSTHM is 4th. Not sure where City ranks. LSTHM has a heavier research base, if that's what you're looking for. Maybe dropping them in an email regarding the conditions to fulfill will give you more time due to the coronavirus situation. For the UCL process, did you have to conduct an interview?
Original post by linaa8
It depends what you want out of each course: UCL is 10th in the world for public/global health and LSTHM is 4th. Not sure where City ranks. LSTHM has a heavier research base, if that's what you're looking for. Maybe dropping them in an email regarding the conditions to fulfill will give you more time due to the coronavirus situation. For the UCL process, did you have to conduct an interview?

Thanks for replying! I've already emailed LSHTM, the admissions team told me that if I can't undertake the ielts test for this year due to the fact all the language centers have shut down because of coronavirus, they suggest of deferring the offer to the next year. Can they not think of another solution instead? We are all stuck in this situation not being able to undertake the test for now, not just me. I don't want to defer the offer. For the UCL process instead, I haven't had to conduct any interview for now.
Original post by vincenzoca92
Thanks for replying! I've already emailed LSHTM, the admissions team told me that if I can't undertake the ielts test for this year due to the fact all the language centers have shut down because of coronavirus, they suggest of deferring the offer to the next year. Can they not think of another solution instead? We are all stuck in this situation not being able to undertake the test for now, not just me. I don't want to defer the offer. For the UCL process instead, I haven't had to conduct any interview for now.

Hi. Did you end up going to UCL or deferred for LSHTM?
Original post by gradstudebt
Hi. Did you end up going to UCL or deferred for LSHTM?

Hello, I accepted the offer to study at LSHTM :smile:
Reply 5
Hello, I accepted the offer to study at LSHTM :smile:

How are you liking the course and if I may ask, which stream have you chosen? I've recently been offered a place at LSHTM :smile:
Original post by linaa8
How are you liking the course and if I may ask, which stream have you chosen? I've recently been offered a place at LSHTM :smile:

Online learning has its benefits but also several challenges. However the quality of teaching is great and I like it. I'm on the MSc Public Health for Development course. Congratulations for being offered a place! Which MSc have you applied for?
Reply 7
Online learning has its benefits but also several challenges. However the quality of teaching is great and I like it. I'm on the MSc Public Health for Development course. Congratulations for being offered a place! Which MSc have you applied for?

Thank you! I applied for the Msc Public Health, considering the general stream
What do you find most challenging and rewarding about the course? I'm actually worried about the online teaching :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending