The Student Room Group

GCSEs 2021 cancelled private candidate

now with GCSEs 2021 cancelled what can private candidates do?
is there any option for us to take the exams in summer?

Scroll to see replies

They haven’t been confirmed as cancelled, just that they’re looking for alternatives
Reply 2
Original post by jackmarshal757
They haven’t been confirmed as cancelled, just that they’re looking for alternatives

okay but in case that they eventually get cancelled, is there anything for private candidates to do?
just so I know, to be prepared In case the it happens
Original post by ana_0
okay but in case that they eventually get cancelled, is there anything for private candidates to do?
just so I know, to be prepared In case the it happens

No idea
Reply 4
No idea

"Exams for pupils across England will not go ahead as currently planned, Boris Johnson has confirmed.

Gavin Williamson is in talks with exam regulator Ofqual about how students taking GCSEs and A-levels will be assessed."

this article was updated 2 minutes ago
Omg r u joking private candidates r now done😭😭😭😭😭
Reply 6
Original post by ana_0

I took a gap year to improve a couple GCSEs for uni. I just hope something good can happen, my uni relies on the resits.
Reply 7
Original post by studybuddy1302
Omg r u joking private candidates r now done😭😭😭😭😭

omg is there no way for me to take the exams??
Original post by ana_0
omg is there no way for me to take the exams??

Isn’t it idek I’m a private candidate and I HAVE TO RETAKE TWO ALEVEL SUBJECTS to go to uni!!!!! I’m rlly angry that everyone didn’t even consider us private candidates
Reply 9
Isn’t it idek I’m a private candidate and I HAVE TO RETAKE TWO ALEVEL SUBJECTS to go to uni!!!!! I’m rlly angry that everyone didn’t even consider us private candidates

this is so unfair I can't
Original post by ana_0
this is so unfair I can't

Isn’t it no one even considered what we will do. Petition for us to have an option to take the exams plZ cos this is outrageous
Original post by ana_0
"Exams for pupils across England will not go ahead as currently planned, Boris Johnson has confirmed.

Gavin Williamson is in talks with exam regulator Ofqual about how students taking GCSEs and A-levels will be assessed."

this article was updated 2 minutes ago

Yep I just saw
Reply 12
this is for private candidates to have an option to take exams in the summer
Original post by SUVg
this is for private candidates to have an option to take exams in the summer

Have u signed the petition? If not search up “Give students the option to take exams or receive assessed grades for 2020/21” in the petition website and sign it pleasee
Hay guys could you read sign and share this link to as many people wanting to take the tests and are private candidates please
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/559964
Original post by ana_0

GCSE’s are cancelled but we have to wait for further guidance for private candidates. Last year they had exams for private candidates/resists who weren’t happy with their grade, so hopefully they have one this year 🤞🏽
Original post by MissZ123
GCSE’s are cancelled but we have to wait for further guidance for private candidates. Last year they had exams for private candidates/resists who weren’t happy with their grade, so hopefully they have one this year 🤞🏽

Have u signed the petition in the post above?
But I also hope it’s summer exams and not autumn like last year :frown:
Is there any updates on private candidates ?
Have u signed the petition in the post above?
But I also hope it’s summer exams and not autumn like last year :frown:

I have signed it - my family too
Yall thanks for signing and make sure to keep hopes high, this petition could pitentially make a difference for us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending