The Student Room Group

2022 A level exams

This poll is closed

Do you want 2022 A level exams to be cancelled?

No40%
Yes60%
Total votes: 15
What do you think will happen to the 2022 A Level exams? Will they be cancelled? Will they be made easier? Thank you! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

We’ve just entered into A-Levels. There is no need to cancel them.
A-levels are most likely NOT being cancelled this year, forget next year. And content was not made easier on students who gave the October exams despite being cut off from school after closure was announced in March.

2021 exams will only be helping students in the most minimal ways; guidance on topics (tbh useless when everything literally comes up in the exams) and grading being more similar to 2020 grades, because otherwise it will be horribly unfair.

I guess you've just started A-levels and are probably finding them hard, maybe you've finished mocks and gotten your results back? Listen, you have a lot of time and can still get amazing grades even if you flopped them, I guarantee it. Use Christmas properly and keep things consistent, and you'll do well. If this is not the case, apologies for making presumptions, but it's something I've seen a lot of students going through.
Why on earth would the year 2022 exams be cancelled?

You really dislike revision don’t you :lol:
Original post by wokirow
A-levels are most likely NOT being cancelled this year, forget next year. And content was not made easier on students who gave the October exams despite being cut off from school after closure was announced in March.

2021 exams will only be helping students in the most minimal ways; guidance on topics (tbh useless when everything literally comes up in the exams) and grading being more similar to 2020 grades, because otherwise it will be horribly unfair.

I guess you've just started A-levels and are probably finding them hard, maybe you've finished mocks and gotten your results back? Listen, you have a lot of time and can still get amazing grades even if you flopped them, I guarantee it. Use Christmas properly and keep things consistent, and you'll do well. If this is not the case, apologies for making presumptions, but it's something I've seen a lot of students going through.

This didn’t age well
Reply 5
Original post by akiakiaki
This didn’t age well

It really didn't lol...
Don't think 2022 exams would be cancelled if they carry out the vaccination programme well.
Feels bad for this year though, especially with what happened last year, hope they don't repeat the same mistakes with grades.
I really hope 2022 exams are also cancelled, however only if they’re going to be assessed fairly by teachers unlike last year. Seeing as this year’s exams are cancelled, there is a slight chance next year’s may be although I’m not jinxing it
Reply 8
Original post by SimSim0303
I really hope 2022 exams are also cancelled, however only if they’re going to be assessed fairly by teachers unlike last year. Seeing as this year’s exams are cancelled, there is a slight chance next year’s may be although I’m not jinxing it

I have a lot of reasoning as to why they may cancel in 2022 but it’s 50/50 chance tbh and no need to discuss it. Everyone in year 12 like me just work ur ass off. Take the fact that u haven’t got any deadlines and use it as a way to think positively. Just work as ur own pace
I don't know what will happen to A-Level exams in 2022, but i am currently doing my GCSE's in 2022 (considering that they go ahead as normal) but with 2021 GCSE's and A-Levels cancelled i hope they would consider putting some measure in place like they did with this year exams before they were cancelled, especially if this lockdown goes on for longer.
Original post by Raptor Jesus
Don't think 2022 exams would be cancelled if they carry out the vaccination programme well.
Feels bad for this year though, especially with what happened last year, hope they don't repeat the same mistakes with grades.

i feel like the anti-vaxxers may cause smoe sort of disruption to the vaccination programme, and knowing the UK government they will somehow mess up the grades
Reply 11
Original post by j0hncen4
i feel like the anti-vaxxers may cause smoe sort of disruption to the vaccination programme, and knowing the UK government they will somehow mess up the grades

Ikr but they are trying to bring in some sort of legislation against those anti-vaxxers. Apparently anti-vaxxers are outside London hospitals shouting 'Covid-19 is a hoax' so they want to bring something against those people.
Why are the year 12s worrying about 2022 exams being cancelled? These kids have already missed out on GCSEs and now they want to get out of A Levels?

I hope they have fun using their SAT results from year 6 to get into university.
Reply 13
Original post by commiesystem
Why are the year 12s worrying about 2022 exams being cancelled? These kids have already missed out on GCSEs and now they want to get out of A Levels?

I hope they have fun using their SAT results from year 6 to get into university.

What you saying? Some year 12s didn't even do SATs lol.

We’re not all going to Uni lol
Original post by j0hncen4

I agree, the gov also manages to mess everything up they say. 2021 is done, the fact they’ve already said we can’t promise students will go back before summer is mad. They’ve also said next winter we’re gonna need restrictions too. They might aswell scrap exams and this medieval practise. This whole covid stuff has proven this “system” they’ve made is futile

some of us aren't really considering going to uni

100% agree. I'm currently in year 13 and missed out on a lot due to covid, but it literally would make no sense for 2022 exams to get cancelled when these year 12s have barely missed out. Some of them got too lazy from missing GCSE.
Original post by Unknown144
100% agree. I'm currently in year 13 and missed out on a lot due to covid, but it literally would make no sense for 2022 exams to get cancelled when these year 12s have barely missed out. Some of them got too lazy from missing GCSE.

I’m in year 12 and completely agree lmao
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SimSim0303
some of us aren't really considering going to uni

But many of us are. Don’t be selfish

Quick Reply

Latest