The Student Room Group

A-level advice

Any advice on A-level geography vs A-level Media? Torn between the two
Original post by aloojameed

Do you have any idea about what you want to do or study later on?

What do you want to study after a-levels?
I don't know about media, but I did geography and loved it.
Original post by annatikhomirova
Do you have any idea about what you want to do or study later on?

No idea at all. Just wondering which is easier
What grade did u get in geography for gcse? (if you don't mind me asking) and what for A level? I enjoy it but the case studies get me confused. :/

Original post by Emma:-)
What do you want to study after a-levels?
I don't know about media, but I did geography and loved it.
What grade did u get in geography for gcse? (if you don't mind me asking) and what for A level? I enjoy it but the case studies get me confused. :/

Erm, I got a B at GCSE and a C at A-level (I could have worked harder on that).
We were always told by our teachers with the case studies, when talking about them, that if we couldn't remember the specific figures, then to make an educated guess. The examiner won't know that the figure is wrong- as long as it's not a stupid figure that is obviously made up.
Original post by Emma:-)
Erm, I got a B at GCSE and a C at A-level (I could have worked harder on that).
We were always told by our teachers with the case studies, when talking about them, that if we couldn't remember the specific figures, then to make an educated guess. The examiner won't know that the figure is wrong- as long as it's not a stupid figure that is obviously made up.

Thanks- I'll try that :smile:
Well it really depends on what you think you will do better in. Geography is more facilitating but if you feel like you will do better in media, go for it!
Thanks- I'll try that :smile:

We did quite a few case studies as well so when writing about stuff I usually wrote about the case study I knew best.

Quick Reply

Latest