The Student Room Group

Boyfriend dumped me

Hes just texted to say he can't do this relationship no more I'm broken by this added to me already feeling rubbish because of the lockdown and stuck with an uncaring family any advice?
Reply 1
I just wanna cry and drink myself silly tbh
its better to move on
I got dumped in the last lockdown and found out few days later my ex was Already sleeping with my friend it broke me so I know how you feel
Chin up hun :h: Are you trying to do anything during lockdown like study or read?

I'm sure you can do better than him it just takes time to heal thats all.
Original post by PhoenixLady
Chin up hun :h: Are you trying to do anything during lockdown like study or read?

I'm sure you can do better than him it just takes time to heal thats all.

All ive done for the past 2 months is cry myself to sleep
Original post by Anonymous
All ive done for the past 2 months is cry myself to sleep

I'm really sorry to hear that, do you have any friends you can talk to about this or text or something?

Might be worth seeing your GP if you can :frown:
Original post by PhoenixLady
I'm really sorry to hear that, do you have any friends you can talk to about this or text or something?

Might be worth seeing your GP if you can :frown:

My friends don't bother to talk to me
That is the silliest thing I’ve ever heard. Drinking will literally not solve your problem. Do not try too hard either as that is not what smart people do. Find a hobby and move on.
My friends don't bother to talk to me

That's *****y of them, don't take it as a reflection of you though hun.

My best breakup advice is, just cry/journal and let it out, then focus on what YOU need to do for you, to make yourself feel better. There will be tons more boys, better ones too, take it from a girl in her 20s who's dated around lol.

Btw if you can make an appointment to see your GP please do, if not I can dig out some numbers of the Samaritans etc. for you to call if you need a friendly voice? :frown:
Original post by tinygirl96
That is the silliest thing I’ve ever heard. Drinking will literally not solve your problem. Do not try too hard either as that is not what smart people do. Find a hobby and move on.

Maybe the OP has nothing else to turn to especially if she has a *****y home life like me
Reply 11
Hes just texted to say he can't do this relationship no more I'm broken by this added to me already feeling rubbish because of the lockdown and stuck with an uncaring family any advice?

How old are you both?

What is your current situation educationally, are you at school/University?

You will get through this, you know. In a week's time, you will feel better than you do today and in a month's time, even better. I can assure you that this is true.

Hi, I am so sorry your going through this, being dumped is so hard and its going to suck for awhile, but remember that overtime you will feel better!

First, allow yourself a few days to feel crap, watch sad movies, eat ice cream, read or whatever you want. Once those few days are over, get up, get showered, get dressed and if you wear makeup put some on, block him on all social media. Sit down and write some goals, maybe there are things you wanted to do that he didn't enjoy ie watching a romantic movie, having a pamper day, going for a walk etc and start by doing one of those. Finally, allow yourself to feel sad but do not dwell on it, unfortunatly hes made a decision and there is not a lot you can do to change his mind, however, there are things you can do to concentrate on feeling better and moving on.

Take each day as it comes, time does help and it will get better, even if it doesn't feel like it now!
Hey, I'm really sorry you're going through this as well. I understand its not easy to move on so quickly..but here's a few tips that will help ease your anguish:
- Allow yourself to feel every damn emotion
but i want to ask, has crying yourself to sleep allowed you to relieve your pain? Do you think he is feeling as upset as you are too?
- He might be going through a lot of things too.
- Accept that he's not the one and the relationship ended for a reason.
- Yeah, lockdown is a difficult time but i recommend you doing the following things:
At home exercise, mindfulness (go on youtube, meditate to a mindfulness video), read a book, study, find a hobby, write on a diary how you feel etc. treat yourself to a healthy lifestyle! :smile:
Exercise really helps me - try challenge yourself

And for the love of God, please dont result to harmful substances.

Just know that you're not alone, I was in the same position as you a month ago. Im here for you and im also healing day by day. Its really hard to get him off my mind too and repeat certain memories. Just know that, those feelings will be temporary although it may seem like forever.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14
I just wanna cry and drink myself silly tbh

Sorry to hear this. In similar circumstances I’ve found the above a reasonable short term treatment, along with calling upon my friends. Give him a bit of space and see what happens. If it’s over it’s a lot better for self esteem in hindsight if you’ve not shown too much of the pain and the best hope of reconciliation probably comes with a ‘their loss’ philosophy. New and better love does come.
(edited 3 years ago)
In the same boat my bf dumped me today not gonna lie I feel ****
I’ll just be honest. Move on because you need to create your future and be happy. Regardless of what age you are just stuck to your goals even if it’s just being happy or to smile because at the end of the day he’s just a small love until you meet your true soulmate 💚

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending