The Student Room Group

do girl gamers despise guy gamers?

I was reading on another forum which is basically a gamer girl forum (they say all are welcome though so I signed up) and literally every other post is of a girl complaining about guys harassing her in games to the point that they no longer want to use voice comms, are cautious about their nicknames, etc

Do girls who play video games despise guys who do the same thing???

Scroll to see replies

yes
I play games and I obviously don’t want to be harassed, but that doesn’t make me hate all male gamers. My gender can’t be identified in any games I play, so it isn’t an issue for me.
Reply 3
Original post by I want a gf girl
yes

r u mocking me for asking this question or do u genuinely think so
Reply 4
Original post by YaliaV123
I play games and I obviously don’t want to be harassed, but that doesn’t make me hate all male gamers. My gender can’t be identified in any games I play, so it isn’t an issue for me.

nobody wants to be harassed, I wasn't aware it was such a big issue for girls tbh
Original post by Anonymous
r u mocking me for asking this question or do u genuinely think so

i gunily think so
nobody wants to be harassed, I wasn't aware it was such a big issue for girls tbh

I have male friends who play and online gaming is just toxic in general. I avoid certain games and I never use a mic when I’m playing with strangers.
i am a guy but i am not toxic and truly have a lot of femal freinds.tbh they all use a mic when we play games together i can be toxic but i genurally am not
(edited 3 years ago)
girl gamers hate guy gamers who hate girl gamers.
Reply 9
Original post by YaliaV123
I have male friends who play and online gaming is just toxic in general. I avoid certain games and I never use a mic when I’m playing with strangers.

Yeah, online games can be very toxic in general and because usually those games are played by people aged 15-85, quality of team mates varies A LOT.

It's still an issue I was not aware of really. I knew if a girl joined our party, people would be asking in private msgs whether she's hot or smth but I never noticed anyone harassing any girl...
Original post by bethwantsdeath
girl gamers hate guy gamers who hate girl gamers.

Most guy gamers are for lack of a better word, simps. They worship girls cuz they rarely interact with them and will probably treat you like a unicorn. But a significant minority is gonna be vulgar and rude (and not just to girls but it's more sexualised harassment towards them I guess).
Most guy gamers are for lack of a better word, simps. They worship girls cuz they rarely interact with them and will probably treat you like a unicorn. But a significant minority is gonna be vulgar and rude (and not just to girls but it's more sexualised harassment towards them I guess).

true most all of my freinds that are male are simps tbh i am a simp too tho

thats exactly it. there are some male gamers that assume girls will be crap at gaming, and when a girl is actually good they either simp for her or become defensive. then there are some male gamers that just harass any girl who joins. but a lot of them can be genuine and just treat girl gamers as normal people.
Original post by I want a gf girl
true most all of my freinds that are male are simps tbh i am a simp too tho

guilty as well but I dont harass anyone im just overly polite and somewhat reserved
guilty as well but I dont harass anyone im just overly polite and somewhat reserved

same
thats exactly it. there are some male gamers that assume girls will be crap at gaming, and when a girl is actually good they either simp for her or become defensive. then there are some male gamers that just harass any girl who joins. but a lot of them can be genuine and just treat girl gamers as normal people.

simp doesnt have to mean overbearing, just thinking she's unique lol
simp doesnt have to mean overbearing, just thinking she's unique lol

thats the problem. they think shes unique because they usually think girls are bad at gaming, and shes the only exception, even though thats not the case.
thats the problem. they think shes unique because they usually think girls are bad at gaming, and shes the only exception, even though thats not the case.

true btw i am a guy

Not at all, they think she's unique because it's rare to see a girl in our games and also some of us are lonely so we might romanticise girls a little bit.

What you're talking about is not simping, it's being a ********.
true btw i am a guy

it's true that a lot of guys think girls are bad at gaming but that's not being a simp.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending