The Student Room Group

2020/21 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bia1292
same i was wondering that too.. when are you booked for?

Mine is on the 6th, how about you?
Original post by Ashleyy_L

7th 😊
Reply 62
Original post by Ashleyy_L

I'm on the 6th too
Reply 63
I've just spoken to recruitment and they said the assessments are still going ahead
Original post by mjb176
I've just spoken to recruitment and they said the assessments are still going ahead

I'm not convinced that the Detective Pathway is a good option. It seems to me to be very career limiting with no real advantages.
Original post by Trinculo
I'm not convinced that the Detective Pathway is a good option. It seems to me to be very career limiting with no real advantages.

How did you come to that conclusion? A detective can integrate into a business leadership role and various others, I know of someone that went that route.
Original post by Mattb988
How did you come to that conclusion? A detective can integrate into a business leadership role and various others, I know of someone that went that route.

If you join as a PC, you can very easily become a detective. You can say you want to do it, take the NIE and then they'll probably be keen to move you over. You'll already have some experience in investigations and case files. You can also go back to being a PC if you don't like it, and take PC overtime. As a direct DC, you are a DC from the outset. You can't take PC overtime, I very much doubt you'll be able to "become" a PC if you don't like being a DC and a lot of jobs in the Met are closed to DC applicants.
I did my assessment on Monday morning and I’ve heard today I’ve passed and now have booked onto the fitness and health assessment week after next
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Hopeful112
I did my assessment on Monday morning and I’ve heard today I’ve passed and now have booked onto the fitness and health assessment week after next

Congratulations! Is that for the detective role with Met? 😊
Original post by Bia1292
Congratulations! Is that for the detective role with Met? 😊

Thank you, and yes.
Thank you, and yes.

I think they are moving very quick with the whole process...
Reply 71

Congrats!! That's so speedy! Did you have a lot of choice with dates to book the next assessment?
Original post by mjb176
Congrats!! That's so speedy! Did you have a lot of choice with dates to book the next assessment?

Thank you! Yes loads, from Jan 18th to mid Feb
Reply 73
Thank you! Yes loads, from Jan 18th to mid Feb

I've just heard back from the detective assessment too woohoo! It's great how they're getting us through the assessments so quickly
Reply 74
Original post by mjb176
I've just heard back from the detective assessment too woohoo! It's great how they're getting us through the assessments so quickly

Im a bit confused regarding Day 2 results, because I've been invited to day 3 (health & fitness) but it isn't outlined anywhere that definitely I passed the Day 2 assessment. Did anyone get an actual email stating they passed Day 2?
(edited 3 years ago)
If you log on to the portal it is a bit clearer there.
Well done! Yes it’s so quick
Original post by mjb176
Hi everyone, I have my DC assessment centre on Monday and have a couple of questions regarding it.

Firstly, is there an interview aspect on the day as I have seen contradicting information regarding it?

Also, is the information/ documents you receive for the exercises overwhelming or pretty straightforward to work through?
Reply 78
Original post by mcrosby_0903
Hi everyone, I have my DC assessment centre on Monday and have a couple of questions regarding it.

Firstly, is there an interview aspect on the day as I have seen contradicting information regarding it?

Also, is the information/ documents you receive for the exercises overwhelming or pretty straightforward to work through?

There is no interview, however you have to give a 10 min briefing for one of the exercises which may sounds like an interview.

Since its a timed exercise, the paper work you have to assess to make inform decisions could be overwhelming.
Original post by bil99
There is no interview, however you have to give a 10 min briefing for one of the exercises which may sounds like an interview.

Since its a timed exercise, the paper work you have to assess to make inform decisions could be overwhelming.

What is involved in the whole day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending