The Student Room Group

Computer science NEA 2021 (Flight calculator)

Hey i was just wondering if anyone has started the NEA? I'm really struggling on how to start and i need a rough idea on where to begin

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sydney901
Hey i was just wondering if anyone has started the NEA? I'm really struggling on how to start and i need a rough idea on where to begin

is that GCSE ?
Reply 2

if that is the aqa gcse project. i would suggest going through the project brief and then starting with the create section of the report (like a flowchart) going through each bullet point as a checkpoint
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by S Z H
is that GCSE ?

Yeah

Hi, I have finished my GCSE NEA programming task so I can help. My exam board was AQA so I'm guessing yours is the same?
I would personally start the first few hours or so by planning - breaking the task down into simple, more manageable pieces that are easier to code and plan them by turning them into flowcharts or pseudo-code. Once done this, I would start programming and researching if necessary.
I usually like to turn each split piece of the task that I have programmed as separate programs as much as I can, and explain what I have done, any problems I faced when programming that section etc. in my report.
I would suggest that you record everything as you go along. Personally, it makes it easier, than spending many hours at the end.
Hope that this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to let me know :smile:

i dont know how to start my plan. How did you start yours?
Original post by purplewh4le
i dont know how to start my plan. How did you start yours?

Hi,

I started mine by writing about how I interpreted the task once received and what to do to achieve it. I personally broke the problem into many sub-problems to program when received - so wrote about that, and then went on to write about how I planned to program that individual task and how it would/should work in the task as a whole. I also included my flowcharts and pseudo-code here.

I hope this helps!
Original post by HK2020
Hi,

I started mine by writing about how I interpreted the task once received and what to do to achieve it. I personally broke the problem into many sub-problems to program when received - so wrote about that, and then went on to write about how I planned to program that individual task and how it would/should work in the task as a whole. I also included my flowcharts and pseudo-code here.

I hope this helps!

thank you!! im having a bit of a mental breakdown trying to code it at the moment but we'll see how it goes
Does anyone know how to do file handling in the 2021 CS flight simulator nea??
Does anyone know how to do file handling in the 2021 CS flight simulator nea??

Hi, the file is a csv text file, so you can use one one of the imported csv readers, to read the file and get a lists of lists. Hopefully this makes sense - if you need help, let me know!
Original post by HK2020
Hi, the file is a csv text file, so you can use one one of the imported csv readers, to read the file and get a lists of lists. Hopefully this makes sense - if you need help, let me know!

ive managed to get the file but i dont know what to do with it, do i print it or smth else?
ive managed to get the file but i dont know what to do with it, do i print it or smth else?

I originally printed out my list to see if it was working and everything else, but ended up commenting it out for my final program. You just need to be able to use the file to complete the processes and to check the user input. Hope this helps!
Original post by Lunar_Celestia
I originally printed out my list to see if it was working and everything else, but ended up commenting it out for my final program. You just need to be able to use the file to complete the processes and to check the user input. Hope this helps!

how do you make the csv file store only the 3 letters or the overseas airport as variables to be used later in the programme
Reply 13
how do you make the csv file store only the 3 letters or the overseas airport as variables to be used later in the programme

Once you read the data in the file you can move it to variables for easy use within the program. That’s what I did
Original post by Lunar_Celestia
Hi,

I hope this helps!

I get it that I'm a bit late, but where do i get the prices for seats from. In the sheet it only shows how to calculate running cost and not the price of each seat. Also in each airplane type there are minimum number of first class seats and in figure 4 example there were 40 of them. I am so confused. How did they get 40 and the standard and 1st class seat price.
Reply 15
Original post by Ibad_rana
I get it that I'm a bit late, but where do i get the prices for seats from. In the sheet it only shows how to calculate running cost and not the price of each seat. Also in each airplane type there are minimum number of first class seats and in figure 4 example there were 40 of them. I am so confused. How did they get 40 and the standard and 1st class seat price.

In the project brief there’s details for all the plane types and prices (it’s a table)
Reply 16
Hello I'm not sure if this will be possible for you but is there anyway that we could get in touch and you could send it to me?
Because I have no idea how to code and I'm getting really stressed over it because we have started the python coding and I'm incredibly lost.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yo my slime, I know you don’t really know mandem like that but I was wondering if I could purchase something still fam, just a bit of grub my drilla. I wanna know like what your prices are saying cause I’m tryna blem a zoot up with my boydem and gyaldem g like you feel me
hey my slime completly feel you dog tyrna hop on that shiz myself brudda so how about we go halfs
gyaldam and mandem this guy speaking bare facz, letz blem a j up togethyerz dawg and get the madem to do a quick drop off in the endz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending