The Student Room Group

IAL Maths Edexcel Jan 2021

hi, I made a thread for those doing the math exams! since there isn't many of us we can all use the same thread. good luck everyone, please let me know how it goes for you :smile:

@cueball002 and @daylight08 tagged you here so you know where to come after your exam hope you don't mind!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TrES2b
hi, I made a thread for those doing the math exams! since there isn't many of us we can all use the same thread. good luck everyone, please let me know how it goes for you :smile:

@cueball002 and @daylight08 tagged you here so you know where to come after your exam hope you don't mind!

perfect.....so far how's the past papers going?
Reply 3
Original post by Cueball002
perfect.....so far how's the past papers going?

math is my weakest subject im more of a science person myself. i've done all of the old papers from 2009-2017 i keep getting D's im aiming for a C/B i will be doing newer papers this weekend. what about you, how do you feel?

also i will tag you in the chem thread.
Original post by TrES2b
math is my weakest subject im more of a science person myself. i've done all of the old papers from 2009-2017 i keep getting D's im aiming for a C/B i will be doing newer papers this weekend. what about you, how do you feel?

also i will tag you in the chem thread.

im actually the opposite....im better at maths than bio and chem....it goes : "maths>chem>bio" for me. its just that I keep on making silly mistakes in maths....like I'll forget to change the negative sign somewhere...I'll forget to get the square root....stuff like that. and I end up losing a lot of marks for that
Reply 5
im actually the opposite....im better at maths than bio and chem....it goes : "maths>chem>bio" for me. its just that I keep on making silly mistakes in maths....like I'll forget to change the negative sign somewhere...I'll forget to get the square root....stuff like that. and I end up losing a lot of marks for that

i see, i think you should check over every question once you do it step by step. for me i just dont understand the wording of the question or the reason behind maths. its a shame because as a subject i find it interesting but im not the best at it becasue i feel like im good at learning but not applying what i know if that makes sense?

science doesn't interest me as much but its very repititve and strategic so it wokrs in my favour.
oh...you seem to be pretty good with science tho
you guys are doing unit 1 right?
Original post by JaJa18796
you guys are doing unit 1 right?

maths p1
Reply 9
Reply 10

thanks!
Original post by TrES2b

Thank you <3
Kinda nervous but kinda prepared too!
Reply 12
Original post by daylight08
Thank you <3
Kinda nervous but kinda prepared too!

hey girl!! happy to hear it! you'll smash the paper i believe in you :smile:
to anyone who did the pure maths 1 paper.. what did you get for the inequalities of region R
Original post by 12321ppp
to anyone who did the pure maths 1 paper.. what did you get for the inequalities of region R

i did...i dont know how to get an equation from a graph. plus I didn't have time...i skipped the question
i did...i dont know how to get an equation from a graph. plus I didn't have time...i skipped the questionw

what did you get for the final answer? the 6 marker ?
Is any one else doing P3 on Thursday?
Original post by danaaltajer
Is any one else doing P3 on Thursday?

yeah I am
or P2 on monday?
what did you get for the final answer? the 6 marker ?

2 points

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending