The Student Room Group

Nursing applicants ( scotland ) for 2021 reply!!

Just want to who is doing nursing at what uni next year :smile: 😊😊

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m hopeful for Robert Gordon and Glasgow Caledonian for mental health nursing :smile:
Hi I have applied for nursing at Cali, Napier, Edinburgh and Stirling x
Reply 3
Got a conditional for Dundee and also applied for Caley, Napier, RGU and Stirling. Dundee is my top choice though
Hey I applied on Monday. How long did it take to hear anything back about getting an interview?
@emma1508 omg you got a conditional for Dundee for nursing?? I only got an interview:frown:(( hoping I get like a conditional for others didn’t think you could I thought you could only get an interview first
(edited 3 years ago)
@AutumnLeaves23 hey! I got an interview about 4 weeks after for Dundee and edz so not too long, all the interviews happen in feb xxx
@Juliab123 got any interviews ??? Xxx
Reply 8
Original post by Chestnut3636
@emma1508 omg you got a conditional for Dundee for nursing?? I only got an interview:frown:(( hoping I get like a conditional for others didn’t think you could I thought you could only get an interview first

I had to interview too had my interview at the start of December :smile:
Original post by emma1508
I had to interview too had my interview at the start of December :smile:

Omg what questions did you get asked ??? Just so I can prepared and see if there are any that could catch me out
Omg what questions did you get asked ??? Just so I can prepared and see if there are any that could catch me out

You may get asked :-
1) why do you want to be a nurse
2) why have you chosen this particular university
3) learn about the 6 c's of nursing as might get asked something on this
4) how would you describe a typically day as a nurse
5) what do you think that will be most challenging part of this course
6) described the role of the nursing & midwifery council ( NMC )
7) any specific area in nursing you are interested in nursing and if so why is this
8) what if any experience in nursing do you have.
9) nursing can be so stressful at times, how would you cope with this
10) if a patient recieved bad news about there condition how would you support them
11) how would you deal with a angry & abusive patient
12) if you had a good relationship with a patient throughout your placement and they passed away while you on shift, how would you deal with this news.

Hope some of these will help you with things to study on prior to your upcoming interview as a adult nurse.

From a NHS Scotland qualified midwife .
Original post by Tracey_W
You may get asked :-
1) why do you want to be a nurse
2) why have you chosen this particular university
3) learn about the 6 c's of nursing as might get asked something on this
4) how would you describe a typically day as a nurse
5) what do you think that will be most challenging part of this course
6) described the role of the nursing & midwifery council ( NMC )
7) any specific area in nursing you are interested in nursing and if so why is this
8) what if any experience in nursing do you have.
9) nursing can be so stressful at times, how would you cope with this
10) if a patient recieved bad news about there condition how would you support them
11) how would you deal with a angry & abusive patient
12) if you had a good relationship with a patient throughout your placement and they passed away while you on shift, how would you deal with this news.

Hope some of these will help you with things to study on prior to your upcoming interview as a adult nurse.

From a NHS Scotland qualified midwife .

Thank you sooo much! This is sooo helpful thank you💖💖
Reply 12
Hey! Any mental health nursing applicants here? I applied to Abertay, UHI, Stirling, GCU and UWS on the 3rd. Just wondering how long it normally takes from applying to receiving an interview invite?
Thank you sooo much! This is sooo helpful thank you💖💖

No problems as hope this will get you through things x
Hi! Has anyone heard anything from Napier yet? I applied in November for MH nursing and haven't heard anything other than an email to say they were considering my application. Thanks x
Original post by Rodders36
Hi! Has anyone heard anything from Napier yet? I applied in November for MH nursing and haven't heard anything other than an email to say they were considering my application. Thanks x

I applied for midwifery there and I’ve heard nothing xx don’t worry
I applied for midwifery there and I’ve heard nothing xx don’t worry

Thanks Chestnut. They may be waiting until after the deadline. Good luck xx
Reply 17
Thanks Chestnut. They may be waiting until after the deadline. Good luck xx

Yeah think most unis seem to waiting until that point. Will be even longer wait now though if they are since the UCAS deadline has been extended :/

Hi, i applied for adult nursing at Napier mid december and got an interview in around 48 hours after my application but my friend who applied a couple of weeks before me still hasn’t heard anything either so i wouldn’t worry, good luck!! x
Original post by rdrink1
Hey! Any mental health nursing applicants here? I applied to Abertay, UHI, Stirling, GCU and UWS on the 3rd. Just wondering how long it normally takes from applying to receiving an interview invite?

hi, i applied for Stirling, GCU and UWS for adult nursing. i had an interview for UWS on the 7th of january and got the invite the day after i applied but still haven’t heard anything from Stirling or GCU! good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending