The Student Room Group

virginity

I'm fed up of being 'innocent' I feel like nowadays (for me anyway) there's such a rush to lose your virginity. I do wanna do it anyway regardless of the pressure I feel but just haven't been in the position to do it yet. it's stressing me out that everyone around me is doing it. it makes me feel stupid. I'm 15 by the way. I know I'm young lol. am I the only one who feels like this? should I actively seek to lose it or let it happen organically?

Scroll to see replies

It should happen organically, and not for a while considering you're still 15.
When i was at secondary i felt like this and ended up losing my virginity when i was 14. It was bad and i wish so badly i waited at least a couple more years. It feels like everyone is doing it and sometimes they are but then you enter college and you realise how early some people started and its actually kind of sad. Also people do talk and brag sadly and then you end in a position of being bullied and harassed. It changes peoples perception of you at that age idk why but people change their attitude towards you at school. You also feel like your ready but i am telling you are not and it can lead to problems later on as most people ik who started young now struggle with sex.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm fed up of being 'innocent' I feel like nowadays (for me anyway) there's such a rush to lose your virginity. I do wanna do it anyway regardless of the pressure I feel but just haven't been in the position to do it yet. it's stressing me out that everyone around me is doing it. it makes me feel stupid. I'm 15 by the way. I know I'm young lol. am I the only one who feels like this? should I actively seek to lose it or let it happen organically?

Let it happen organically. Young people often feel a pressure to have sex because their friends are, but a bad first experience can set you up for a lifetme of hating sex. Remember that the right guy for you will respect what you want and it will help you to enjoy sex more in the future
Reply 4
Original post by something_orphic
When i was at secondary i felt like this and ended up losing my virginity when i was 14. It was bad and i wish so badly i waited at least a couple more years. It feels like everyone is doing it and sometimes they are but then you enter college and you realise how early some people started and its actually kind of sad. Also people do talk and brag sadly and then you end in a position of being bullied and harassed. It changes peoples perception of you at that age idk why but people change their attitude towards you at school. You also feel like your ready but i am telling you are not and it can lead to problems later on as most people ik who started young now struggle with sex.

thanks for your reply it's really helpful. so true I do feel ready but you're right I'm not.
Reply 5
everyone else around me is doing it though and they're the same age as me. GCSE exams are cancelled lmao but true I'll focus on my studies thanks
I felt this so much at school. I lost mine the day after my 17th birthday. After, I realised that most people hadn’t actually lost theirs. Even at uni, loads of people hadn’t. I’m 25 now and still have friends who haven’t had sex. There’s really no rush. Focus on being confident in yourself. Plus, knowing yourself definitely makes sex better!
Good grief. You want the label of 'having lost your virginity' but I bet you haven't even considered whether you want to experience the sex part yet.
Original post by something_orphic

Very true.

‘It feels like everyone is doing it’

And you know, a lot of the time the so called ‘popular’ kids haven’t even had a proper boyfriend. I know people who have had sex with boys they thought were nice, but ended up being cheated on by every single one and has had multiple pregnancy scares. This person is not a very nice person but tries to act ‘cool’ or whatever. I’d like to have sex but as my gran says, it bloody hurts so make sure you’re first time is with someone who’s worth it xx
Reply 9
Original post by Ramipril
Good grief. You want the label of 'having lost your virginity' but I bet you haven't even considered whether you want to experience the sex part yet.

I have thought about it a lot and yes I do want the label but I also want the experience truly.
Reply 10
bro dont stress about it, focus on your education. don't let other people's behavior affect you
it's stressing me out that everyone around me is doing it.

Wth did they forget we're going through a pandemic
I felt this so much at school. I lost mine the day after my 17th birthday. After, I realised that most people hadn’t actually lost theirs. Even at uni, loads of people hadn’t. I’m 25 now and still have friends who haven’t had sex. There’s really no rush. Focus on being confident in yourself. Plus, knowing yourself definitely makes sex better!

oh wow that's good to know thanks so much :smile:
Original post by KaziMahathir
Wth did they forget we're going through a pandemic

teenagers are dumb lol. in general as well not just during the pandemic
well im 14 so im close to your age, personally i know others my age that have lost their virginity but ive never really felt pressured into doing it. i think it's something that happens organically, and im not going to have sex till im at least 18 and fully ready
it's up to you really
Very true.

‘It feels like everyone is doing it’

And you know, a lot of the time the so called ‘popular’ kids haven’t even had a proper boyfriend. I know people who have had sex with boys they thought were nice, but ended up being cheated on by every single one and has had multiple pregnancy scares. This person is not a very nice person but tries to act ‘cool’ or whatever. I’d like to have sex but as my gran says, it bloody hurts so make sure you’re first time is with someone who’s worth it xx

Yeah definitely. I wish i had more education around sex because i was clueless and eventho its not that big of a deal i kinda wish someone told me that it was important to an extent. I think its the basis for your sex life so if it goes wrong it psychologically can impact your sex life. When i lost mine i didnt even think about stuff like masturbation myself or whether this is something i wanted. And omg did mine hurt. I think your gran is right aha.

People lie all the time and it turned out most of the popular girls at my school didnt do anything sexual. It was everyone else assuming they did and then following like sheep.
I have thought about it a lot and yes I do want the label but I also want the experience truly.

Why?
Original post by Ramipril
Why?

I don't wanna go into the raunchy details ahah
Which GCSE Sociology paper does this question appear on?

honestly wait for the right person who understands u and respects u fully , it would always be a memorable experience and for me personally it is very spiritually binding so i want to wait

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending