The Student Room Group

Does Nottingham Uni lower grade requirements if you get an A in EPQ

^^, Does UoN lower grade requirements for courses if you get an A in epq?
Original post by mojin
^^, Does UoN lower grade requirements for courses if you get an A in epq?

Ignore the person above. I applied for chemistry and yes they offered me alternative lowered grade requirements for an A in the EPQ although it came as a surprise as it wasn't mentioned specifically on the website

might depend on the course, you can email the admissions tutor to double-check :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by snazzy viking
Ignore the person above. I applied for chemistry and yes they offered me alternative lowered grade requirements for an A in the EPQ although it came as a surprise as it wasn't mentioned specifically on the website

might depend on the course, you can email the admissions tutor to double-check :smile:

Okay thank you! What course did you take out of interest?
Original post by mojin

Chemistry :smile:
Original post by mojin

Contrasting to the user above however , I’ve applied for maths (with A predicted in epq) and they didn’t acknowledge the EPQ in the offer
Reply 6
Chemistry :smile:

Oh okay that's cool, hope it's going well. How's UoN out of interest?
Reply 7
Original post by laurawatt
Contrasting to the user above however , I’ve applied for maths (with A predicted in epq) and they didn’t acknowledge the EPQ in the offer

Yep, I've contacted UoN and they've replied back after waiting a while they said they are unable to consider the EPQ for some reason for my course. Is it worth keeping an EPQ halfway?
Original post by mojin
Oh okay that's cool, hope it's going well. How's UoN out of interest?

don't know, only applied for 2021 entry :biggrin: looks nice though
Reply 9
don't know, only applied for 2021 entry :biggrin: looks nice though

Ohh you're year 13. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by mojin
Yep, I've contacted UoN and they've replied back after waiting a while they said they are unable to consider the EPQ for some reason for my course. Is it worth keeping an EPQ halfway?

What do you mean ‘halfway’? I’m in Y13 too so probably won’t be able to help much :tongue: if you enjoy the EPQ and think you can get a decent grade then I’d carry on with it
Reply 11
Original post by laurawatt
What do you mean ‘halfway’? I’m in Y13 too so probably won’t be able to help much :tongue: if you enjoy the EPQ and think you can get a decent grade then I’d carry on with it

So in terms of time, we're around halfway through year 12 and I had picked up EPQ late thinking it would be fun and helpful. Those two reasons have dwindled since taking the subject. So I'm not too sure if I should keep it or not, I have not received any feedback recently about my EPQ and I have also found out it doesn't help me in any way in terms of academic progression so yeah.
Original post by mojin
So in terms of time, we're around halfway through year 12 and I had picked up EPQ late thinking it would be fun and helpful. Those two reasons have dwindled since taking the subject. So I'm not too sure if I should keep it or not, I have not received any feedback recently about my EPQ and I have also found out it doesn't help me in any way in terms of academic progression so yeah.

if it doesn't help you in any way and you are not enjoying it, drop it imo
Original post by mojin

Yeah if you don’t enjoy it/need it then there’s no point putting loads of effort into it for little results

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending