The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics Applicants 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I am applying for BSc Economics 2021!
- A levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics; Predicted A*A*A*A* + EPQ (A*)
- GCSEs: 9999999999 (10 9's)
- Other unis: UCL(conditional offer), Warwick(conditional offer), Bath(condition offer) and Cambridge
-Home Student

Literally same unis as me :smile: Except I'm yet to hear from UCL and was rejected by Cam pre-interview
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by confuzzledteen
Literally same unis as me :smile: Except I'm yet to hear from UCL and was rejected by Cam pre-interview

Yeah I heard from UCL a couple of weeks ago but I know quite a few people who haven't yet. I've had my Cam interview and just waiting till the 25th:smile:
Reply 22
its definitely an odd one. im hoping for UCL as i'd much rather go there than Warwick; i'm fairly confident w/ my PS though it was more macro-based than mathematical, which is what UCL apparently likes. i'm sure you'll get Warwick!! :smile:

Yea thats true im sure youll get an offer from UCL. Although I wouldn't be too bothered as LSE is my first choice. So I'm scaredddd
i'm an international applicant too x my predicted grades are A*A*A*A (Maths, Economics, Chemistry, Further Maths) + A* (EPQ) and my GCSEs were 9999999A*AA. i've heard from Warwick, though am yet to hear anything from ucl or lse

congrats on your offer! your stats are crazy!!! i believe that you will get into ucl and lse!!!
Hi all! Thought I’d make a thread for this as it appears previous years have done so.

If you’ve applied to LSE for BSc Economics in 2021, feel free to drop your:
- Subjects + Predicted Grades
- GCSEs
- Other Unis Applied To + Decisions
- Home or International?

Hey I'm applying for econ for all 5 unis,

1. Maths, Further maths, eng lit, econ and epq. all A* apart from FM which is an A.
2. 999999887 and gcse further maths A*
3. i got a conditional offer from warwick and Nottingham, yet to hear from lse, Ucl and cambridge,
4. home (but Warwick somehow think I'm international and wanted me to do some form of eng gcse)
Reply 25
hey!
- Subjects + Predicted Grades: maths, further maths, economics, epq, history (A*A*A*A*A)
- GCSEs: 9999999998
- Other Unis Applied To + Decisions: UCL (offer); Warwick (offer); Nottingham (offer), Cambridge (interviewed, decision pending)
- Home or International? home
Original post by LVSDH
yea that's weird I've heard from UCL but nothing from Warwick yet my grades were not as good as yours. However, UCL and LSE are very dependent on your personal statement whereas Warwick has said that you have at least 3A* predictions you're basically guaranteed an offer

Oh, that's not true. I have a friend who applied with A*A*A* predicted at A Level, with an already achieved A* for another A Level as well as an A for an AS. She has not received an offer from Warwick yet. I highly doubt that Warwick has actually gone out to say that if you have "at least 3A* predictions you're basically guaranteed an offer." The prospectus which they send repeatedly elaborates the need to have a good PS as competition at the school is really high. Perhaps different universities look for different things in PS, I suppose if yours was more maths-based then UCL might prefer it.
- Subjects + Predicted Grades <Math A* Further Math A Economics A>
- GCSEs -n/a
- Other Unis Applied To + Decisions UCL Warwick Durham Queen Mary
- Home or International? International

Am I possible to get an offer?
Also, I've already got A in Further Math and Econ and only predict grade for Math due to the A-level return
Original post by dflknfrkn
- Subjects + Predicted Grades <Math A* Further Math A Economics A>
- GCSEs -n/a
- Other Unis Applied To + Decisions UCL Warwick Durham Queen Mary
- Home or International? International

Am I possible to get an offer?
Also, I've already got A in Further Math and Econ and only predict grade for Math due to the A-level return

Have you got UCL / Warwick offer?
Have you got UCL / Warwick offer?

No I applied recent
Reply 30
i just got an offer from ucl today
Reply 31
Original post by Niniyxl

congrats!
Reply 32
Original post by g.ana
congrats!

Thankyou!!
Original post by Niniyxl

When did you apply, what are your stats and are you a home or international (if you don’t mind me asking?)
Am panicking about mine lol
Hi all! Thought I’d make a thread for this as it appears previous years have done so.

If you’ve applied to LSE for BSc Economics in 2021, feel free to drop your:
- Subjects + Predicted Grades
- GCSEs
- Other Unis Applied To + Decisions
- Home or International?

I'm from india (applying to lse, ucl, warwick, bristol, Manchester) my predicted are 95+ in each subject, I think that translates to A* in each? my subjects are Mathematics, Economics, English, Accounting, Business Studies. my concern is that 2 of my subjects are not preferred in lse (first choice) so I don't have high expectations from there. I've had a stellar record for my entire academic career and though I've done a lot of competitions and such, none of them are econ related.

where do i stand a chance of getting accepted? i am yet to submit my application, so my personal statement will not be the best but I've been working on it for quite some time

ps is animal spirits or doughnut economics good books to mention in your ps?
Reply 35
I'm from india (applying to lse, ucl, warwick, bristol, Manchester) my predicted are 95+ in each subject, I think that translates to A* in each? my subjects are Mathematics, Economics, English, Accounting, Business Studies. my concern is that 2 of my subjects are not preferred in lse (first choice) so I don't have high expectations from there. I've had a stellar record for my entire academic career and though I've done a lot of competitions and such, none of them are econ related.

where do i stand a chance of getting accepted? i am yet to submit my application, so my personal statement will not be the best but I've been working on it for quite some time

it depends if you had the choice to do subjects like further maths/history/sciences or any of the other subjects that LSE really like. Because from what I have heard, econ, accounting and business are all very similar according to LSE. If your school only offers that combination, it's best to write that in your reference so LSE know you couldn't have done another combo.

they're both good books to mention :smile:
Original post by g.ana
it depends if you had the choice to do subjects like further maths/history/sciences or any of the other subjects that LSE really like. Because from what I have heard, econ, accounting and business are all very similar according to LSE. If your school only offers that combination, it's best to write that in your reference so LSE know you couldn't have done another combo.

they're both good books to mention :smile:

we don't have the option to take further mathematics, so thank you, this helped so much! do you think I have a chance of getting an offer from the other unis mentioned?
Reply 37
we don't have the option to take further mathematics, so thank you, this helped so much! do you think I have a chance of getting an offer from the other unis mentioned?

i'm glad to have helped! deffo mention you couldn't take it in your reference so lse know. yeah i do think you have a fair chance! good luck :smile:

LSE might reject you if you’re looking for a straight econ course. That’s because you have business econ which is considered as too narrow. Not only that but accountancy is a non preferred subject. You also do not have FM. You can always try but your chances will be slim. As for your other university choices it will be difficult to say.
Reply 39
LSE might reject you if you’re looking for a straight econ course. That’s because you have business econ which is considered as too narrow. Not only that but accountancy is a non preferred subject. You also do not have FM. You can always try but your chances will be slim. As for your other university choices it will be difficult to say.

Do you recon it matters what the grade for Further maths is if that's your 4th subject?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending