The Student Room Group

I dropped out of college because of my sociology teacher

I was a student who had a lot of potential to get good grades so I could have got AAC or AAB, but I had to drop out of college altogether because feedback from one teacher made me suffer from memory loss so I began struggling in everything and dropped out, closing the door on university forever. My grades were turning into U grades in sociology and maths, and a C/B in English lit when I used to achieve As in both Maths and English. Its my own fault, I acknowledge that. I wanted to do law at university. I was thinking is uni worth it or not?

Scroll to see replies

I would go back if I were you
Getting A levels and university degree is essential
Reply 3
I want some support regarding closing the door on uni forever
Problem is dropping out is guaranteeing working a low paid job like Cleaner or McDonald's or Tesco your whole life

And even those jobs are not guaranteed due to high demand. So you may end up unemployed
You want support to convince you that you don't want what you want.
believe in yourself mate and think about why you wanted to do the subjects that you chose and why and hów they are interesting- never give up on your passions and dreams and don't mind what other people say, enjoy the process of learning and don't compare yourself to other people and don't stress yourself too much- think what you're doing know that will enable you to succeed in the future, good luck CHAMP!
Reply 7
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
You want support to convince you that you don't want what you want.

i’m depressed because life didn’t go as I planned. Even if I didn’t go to uni I wanted to at least complete college but no I couldn’t do that.
Reply 8
I just can’t deal with setbacks
Reply 9
Original post by EthnicMinority1
Problem is dropping out is guaranteeing working a low paid job like Cleaner or McDonald's or Tesco your whole life

And even those jobs are not guaranteed due to high demand. So you may end up unemployed

There are other routes besides A levels but I really don’t want to take those routes
(Am I to understand a teacher gave you a test score so bad it physically erased your brain?)
I deleted all my A level notes off my phone because I dropped out and I will never be able to study them again. Now all thats left are the resources.
Original post by StriderHort
(Am I to understand a teacher gave you a test score so bad it physically erased your brain?)

no, he said something, i cried for hours over it then i lost part of my memory and i can’t study at all because of it
You can restart A levels, either at a college or self taught. Or if your aim is uni, you could look into access courses.

Maybe seek support for your mental health first, e.g. through your GP, so you’re more ready when you restart.
Reply 14
but how?
What on earth did your teacher say to that caused memory loss? Did their vocal cords emit a 5G signal or something.

You are a :troll: and you have posted this before.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jas149
but how?

the pain that I am in causes it
That's actually pretty impressive, he ate your soul and all you have now is the little anonymous grey speech bubble :frown:
How old are you?
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending