The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official De Montfort University 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to De Montfort University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to De Montfort University for 2021!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Accounting and Finance BA Hons or Degree Course
I am doing A-Levels in Pearson Edexcel A-Level Business Studies, AQA A-Level Economics and Pearson Edexcel BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law.
(edited 3 years ago)
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
I’ve already been accepted into De Montfort for the Law LLB degree but I’ve deferred for 2021.

I’ve just got my a level results for Music, Psychology Spanish and English Language.
Reply 3
Hi, I’m looking to study interior architecture and design here. I’m currently studying A-level art, business and travel and tourism :smile: I’m stuck between here, Portsmouth uni and Brighton uni :smile:
Hey Everyone! Mature Student (will be 23 when going) applied to study Accounting and Finance! De Montfort would be my second choice! Still haven’t received any offer yet! Sent my UCAS off on the 8-10-20. Good luck everybody!😊

Update- Officially received an unconditional offer from them today!!!😱
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi! I'm applying to DMU for dance. I'm currently studying dance, psychology, and maths :smile:
Course : Im applying for BA Professional Policing

Current subjects : Im doing my second year of A level History, BTEC Applied Law & my first year of Criminology, with a previous year of A level Maths.

It’d be nice to meet others applying for this course or university!!
Reply 7
Applied for criminology and psychology on 13.11.20 and got the offer today 16.11.20!! (offer is 112 UCAS points)
Yep I have an offer for adult nursing. Just deciding between Lincoln and dmu!
I have now finished my personal statement and that is now on the UCAS website as it has had its final check over but I have still got to do my choices and a few other things on my UCAS application before that is paid and sent to college for the references to be done before it goes off to the universities so that they can give me offers.
I'm applying to Drama. I'm currently doing A Levels: Music, RS and Biology. I have been given a conditional offer of 112 points
Hi there

it is great news to hear you have all applied to De Montfort University. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask via this forum or you can call us on: 01162 50 60 70. Or whats app us on: 07970655800.

These can be questions relating to your course, accomodation, life at DMU, societies, finance...., the list goes on.

University is a big step to take and we are here to help you all, every step of the way.

We look forward to seeing you when you commence with us.:smile:

leena
Reply 12
Congrats on ur offer! I’ve also applied to dmu for adult nursing, how long did they take to reply? What was the interview like? Any tips! X
Reply 13
Original post by sophcaitxo
Course : Im applying for BA Professional Policing

Current subjects : Im doing my second year of A level History, BTEC Applied Law & my first year of Criminology, with a previous year of A level Maths.

It’d be nice to meet others applying for this course or university!!

Hey☺️
I’ve had an offer for the same course,
Although I’m still deciding between the professional policing degree and criminal investigation!
Hope to see you next year!!
Reply 14
Original post by SLouiseaaaaaaa
Hey Everyone! Mature Student (will be 23 when going) applied to study Accounting and Finance! De Montfort would be my second choice! Still haven’t received any offer yet! Sent my UCAS off on the 8-10-20. Good luck everybody!😊

Update- Officially received an unconditional offer from them today!!!😱

You and everybody else😉
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I'm applying to Pharmaceutical and cosmetic science at DMU. I've received a conditional offer which says I need 96 points from at least 2 A levels including chemistry and at least a D in another science subject. The thing is, I was apart of the 2020 yr13 cohort and the grades I got were BCD with a D in chemistry. BCD = 96 UCAS points. I was going to retake chem as a private candidate to bring it up to a B but with exams cancelled this year and with no way of me receiving CAGS because I'm studying independently, there's no chance of that. Is it likely that I'll get in without retaking because the requirements are 96 UCAS points (which I have) yet I've only been giving a conditional offer. I'm confused I guess my question is what are they asking of me if I've already got the 96 UCAS points that they require?
Original post by Justsomegirl_
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I'm applying to Pharmaceutical and cosmetic science at DMU. I've received a conditional offer which says I need 96 points from at least 2 A levels including chemistry and at least a D in another science subject. The thing is, I was apart of the 2020 yr13 cohort and the grades I got were BCD with a D in chemistry. BCD = 96 UCAS points. I was going to retake chem as a private candidate to bring it up to a B but with exams cancelled this year and with no way of me receiving CAGS because I'm studying independently, there's no chance of that. Is it likely that I'll get in without retaking because the requirements are 96 UCAS points (which I have) yet I've only been giving a conditional offer. I'm confused I guess my question is what are they asking of me if I've already got the 96 UCAS points that they require?

Hey there @Justsomegirl_ :smile:

We know this year has been unsettled and I can say our admissions team are dedicated to supporting our applicants. We are considering each applicant on their own individual merit, as fairly as possible. If you already meet our tariff points for the course and have your results from last year, I would advise to pass copies of your certificates to our admissions team and they can move forward with your application (as we just need to verify and process them). As you meet the entry requirements, I believe you should be okay :biggrin: but we are just a message away if you do have any questions!

Take care!

Emi
I sent my UCAS application off to my school, college or exam centre on the 30th of December 2020. Then, they submitted my application to UCAS on the 15th of January 2021 and I am still currently waiting for my offers. My universities did say that they are still considering my application. I have applied for Accounting and Finance with foundation year at either Coventry University or The University of Wolverhampton and the accounting and Finance undergraduate degree course or BA Hons at either De Montfort University or The University of Worcester. I still have one choice spare which I have until the 30th of June to make. That will depend on my grades are then in my latest tests in Pearson Edexcel A-Level Business Studies and AQA A-Level Economics and Pearson Edexcel BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law. As it could be either an Accounting and Finance undergraduate degree course at one of these three places which are the University of Wolverhampton, Nottigham Trent University and the University of Leicester. Have any of you guys got any ideas as to how long it will take for my universities to give me my offers? Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
I have just had an offer from Coventry University, Here are the details:
Your choices
You have used 4 of your 5 choices
Offers received
Coventry University C85
Accounting and Finance (Foundation Year) N401
Campus: 5
Start date: 13 Sep 2021
Start from: Foundation year
The university or college has offered you a place subject to conditions.
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
18 Jan 2021

I am still waiting for offers from my other universities which are the University of Wolverhampton, De Montfort University and the University of Worcester, Here are the details:

Waiting for decisions
University of Worcester W80
Accounting and Finance N402
Start date: 13 Sep 2021
Start from: Year One
The university or college is currently considering your application.
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View
De Montfort University D26
Accounting and Finance N420
Campus: Y
Start date: 1 Sep 2021
Start from: Year One
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View
University of Wolverhampton W75
Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year N401
Start date: 20 Sep 2021
Start from: Foundation year
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021

Have you got any ideas as to how much longer I am going to have to wait for my offers from these universities?

Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending