The Student Room Group

Sociology - A level AQA marxism

The part 'brings them into conflict with each other' is a bit confusing. I swear marxist perspective mostly talks about the working-class being exploited and being taught an ideology which benefits the higher-classes, so i'm not sure how I could link that to them being in conflict with each other if the working-class 'accept' their low status. Any help is appreciated :smile:

1ED16AB0-D23E-4451-996F-4DBD10393CF9_4_5005_c.jpeg
What sociology topic is this? Like culture/identity/families/households etc
Original post by jasmineh946187
What sociology topic is this? Like culture/identity/families/households etc

Education
Okay I may be wrong but - I think what brings them into conflict is due to the inequalities that education has - middle class kids with the cultural capital have an advantage as the education system is tailored to them and they speak the elaborated code that’s favoured in the curriculum so they get on better. So yes the working class ‘accept’ the inequalities but it could instead provoke stuff like anti school subcultures - which actively go against the dominant culture and education system which I guess in a way is a conflict. Sorry hope this helped I haven’t done education in a year and just trying to remember off the top of my head. Maybe try Googling the question as it may have come from a past paper !
Okay I may be wrong but - I think what brings them into conflict is due to the inequalities that education has - middle class kids with the cultural capital have an advantage as the education system is tailored to them and they speak the elaborated code that’s favoured in the curriculum so they get on better. So yes the working class ‘accept’ the inequalities but it could instead provoke stuff like anti school subcultures - which actively go against the dominant culture and education system which I guess in a way is a conflict. Sorry hope this helped I haven’t done education in a year and just trying to remember off the top of my head. Maybe try Googling the question as it may have come from a past paper !

Thank you! What you wrote definitely makes a lot of sense so it definitely helps :smile:
Original post by izzxm
Thank you! What you wrote definitely makes a lot of sense so it definitely helps :smile:

I’m glad! :smile:
I’m glad! :smile:

Just got the marked question back, 10/10 😉, you’re a lifesaver aha
Original post by izzxm
Just got the marked question back, 10/10 😉, you’re a lifesaver aha

Ahaha no way! I was worried I had told u the completely wrong stuff as I haven’t done education in ages😂 but well done I’m glad!! 😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending