The Student Room Group

Dentistry Applicants Liverpool 2021

Who else has applied for dentistry at University of Liverpool 2021 entry?

Scroll to see replies

me :smile:
Reply 2
when does Liverpool uni start giving out interview offers?
I got my interview offer today. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Eloise012
I got my interview offer today. :smile:

congrats!! what are your stats if you dont mind me asking :smile:
They weren’t too good actually....GCSEs 9888876666UCAT Band 1 average of 650 Predicted AAA
(edited 3 years ago)
And then I did 2 weeks work experience in NHS/ private practice. Over a year of volunteering in a children’s home with children with severe learning difficulties. And a weeks work experience at a home for people with dementia.
Reply 7
They weren’t too good actually....GCSEs 9888876666UCAT Band 1650Predicted AAA

That’s good, I got an interview invite today too
Well done 👍👍
Do you mind me asking if that is a contextual offer?
Does anyone know when we'll receive what time our interviews are?
Original post by Clara**222
Do you mind me asking if that is a contextual offer?

hi no it wasn't.
Original post by junedfile
Does anyone know when we'll receive what time our interviews are?

no idea, i think they said they would contact us shortly before but mines not too
far away
hi no it wasn't.

Thank you Eloise. I am stalking this board for my daughter who has decided to try for dentistry next year. She has similar GCSEs to you, predicted AAA and (I expect) would (with effort) achieve a similar UKCAT. It is really hard to work out whether she has a realistic chance or not. I think that once you have an interview then all candidates have an equal chance (based on their interview) so I suppose getting an interview is the thing to focus on. Any help or opinions gratefully received!
Reply 14
Hi, with the interview questionnaire, are people basically repeating the stuff they wrote in their personal statements?
Yeah maybe adding a little detail as you don’t always get a chance to expand on a lot in your personal statement due to the word count.
Original post by Clara**222
Thank you Eloise. I am stalking this board for my daughter who has decided to try for dentistry next year. She has similar GCSEs to you, predicted AAA and (I expect) would (with effort) achieve a similar UKCAT. It is really hard to work out whether she has a realistic chance or not. I think that once you have an interview then all candidates have an equal chance (based on their interview) so I suppose getting an interview is the thing to focus on. Any help or opinions gratefully received!

I think if she has similar GCSEs to me (usually they look for 6 to 7 grades at level 7’s or above) and achieves a good UCAT then of course she would have a realistic chance. You just have to be strategic where you apply to. So if she doesn’t do too well in her UCAT then don’t apply somewhere that heavily focus on that in the admissions process. Also as a tip I think preparing for the UCAT takes a lot longer than expected so start as early as possible even just doing 15 mins a day. Also a great personal statement is important too!
Reply 17
I think if she has similar GCSEs to me (usually they look for 6 to 7 grades at level 7’s or above) and achieves a good UCAT then of course she would have a realistic chance. You just have to be strategic where you apply to. So if she doesn’t do too well in her UCAT then don’t apply somewhere that heavily focus on that in the admissions process. Also as a tip I think preparing for the UCAT takes a lot longer than expected so start as early as possible even just doing 15 mins a day. Also a great personal statement is important too!

Thank you- she will have to focus on getting that good Ukcat score like you have! Thank you for the info!
has anyone done the interview yet
how is everyone prepping for the interview?

Quick Reply

Latest