The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Official Birmingham City University 2021 applicant chat

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Birmingham City University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I plan on doing my postgraduate MSC Business and management. Would like to hear from current or past students at the University. Cheers
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,from an irish student. I'm applying for mental health nursing at BCU.
Doing biology, home economic, business and biology
Hi I'm applying for primary teaching currently doing maths finance and ict, also from Ireland so does anyone know what it's like
Hi, I’ve applied for Biomedical Sciences and have received and confirmed my unconditional offer there and am currently studying Biology, Health and Social Care, and Applied Science. Nice to meet you everyone.
Original post by DiamondDia
Hi, I’ve applied for Biomedical Sciences and have received and confirmed my unconditional offer there and am currently studying Biology, Health and Social Care, and Applied Science. Nice to meet you everyone.

Congrats!! How long did it take for then to get back to you, I applied nearly 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats!! How long did it take for then to get back to you, I applied nearly 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing

Thank you so much! It literally took them 7 days to reply to me and they were my 3rd reply! Don’t worry though my friend applied for the same course as me and still hasn’t gotten a reply as well, and she sent of her application earlier than mine. Don’t worry the length of time you wait won’t determine your offer. But I definitely think you will get an offer, don’t worry.
I've applied and had an interview for learning disability nursing. Not very hopeful because I think I messed up the interview haha.
Original post by Paigelily94
I've applied and had an interview for learning disability nursing. Not very hopeful because I think I messed up the interview haha.

Don’t worry I’m sure you did well enough <3
Original post by DiamondDia
Thank you so much! It literally took them 7 days to reply to me and they were my 3rd reply! Don’t worry though my friend applied for the same course as me and still hasn’t gotten a reply as well, and she sent of her application earlier than mine. Don’t worry the length of time you wait won’t determine your offer. But I definitely think you will get an offer, don’t worry.

No probs:smile: Oh serious that acc calms me down sm, I'm too impatient sometimes lol:/ Good luck to your friend too!
Original post by Anonymous
No probs:smile: Oh serious that acc calms me down sm, I'm too impatient sometimes lol:/ Good luck to your friend too!

Haha glad I could help calm you. And thank you! Tbh I was so impatient at first and kept refreshing track like every hour haha.
Hi, I applied as well, did you apply to start this month? And if so, when is the start date if you know and is there a deadline? I applied at the beginning of december.

I was asked to upload my files and I did but haven't heard from them since the 7th of this month.
(edited 3 years ago)
Tbh I’m kinda stressed ahahah, I submitted my ucas application in November, but I still haven’t received an interview for bcu:frown:It’s taking long. A couple of my friends have already received one and I applied before them
Reply 13
Original post by coooliooo
Tbh I’m kinda stressed ahahah, I submitted my ucas application in November, but I still haven’t received an interview for bcu:frown:It’s taking long. A couple of my friends have already received one and I applied before them

Me too!! 😱I don’t know whether I should contact them about it or just wait it out!
It’s making me feel very anxious
Original post by minaXoX
Me too!! 😱I don’t know whether I should contact them about it or just wait it out!
It’s making me feel very anxious

Guys it’s alright, they have until May to reply, some unis wait until the ucas deadline to give applicants equal opportunities. I and my friend both applied for the same course at the same Uni, bearing in mind she applied before me, I got an offer after 7 days of applying and she still hasn’t gotten an offer yet. The time you wait won’t determine your offer at all, we just gotta have patience 😌
Hi everyone, I've applied for automotive engineering starting in September and I was wondering if anyone had any idea about which accommodation is the best as I have no idea and reviews seem to vary a lot person to person. Ideally I would be somewhere sociable and fun while also being somewhere I can get my head down and do some work.
Original post by tommarshall2468
Hi everyone, I've applied for automotive engineering starting in September and I was wondering if anyone had any idea about which accommodation is the best as I have no idea and reviews seem to vary a lot person to person. Ideally I would be somewhere sociable and fun while also being somewhere I can get my head down and do some work.

Honestly that’s up to you, and I think you should try filter what’s best for you and your budget, if you want somewhere affordable and sociable I’d recommend a flat share maybe?
Reply 17
Hey guys, I applied for midwifery and sent off my application October, and nothing yet. I have got 3 university respond to me, and one offer form Coventry. Is there anybody who applied midwifery and has had a offer yet. Thank u
Hi, I applied for Midwifery back in late November and got a response from BCU I think mid December? And my interview was supposed to be for the 25th Jan next week but I had to cancel. So I’m currently waiting for more dates to be uploaded to choose from. So yeah it is such a long process, but don’t worry I’m sure they will get back to you soon. That’s great! I also got an offer from Coventry, interview will be in March, when will yours be?
I got an offer from BCU. Who is going to study Computer science?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending