The Student Room Group

Do Asian guys like Black girls?

If you’re an Asian guy, do you find black girls attractive? Would you be willing to date/marry one? How would your parents feel about you dating someone outside of you race, especially a black girl?

And before you come for me and say that I’m trying to seek validation, I’m genuinely not, I love myself well enough to take any negative responses from anyone. I’m just generally asking because I’m curious. I’ve had flings with some guys before and they told me they’d date me if it wasn’t for their parents. And some other guys who I assume have crushed on me but have not actually made an effort to ask me out.

So please, don’t let my presence affect you, tell me.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am East Asian
Most of my Chinese friends have a preference for girls with long straight hair with light skin
Original post by Adam Zhang
I am East Asian

That counts. What races do u discriminate against (honestly)? Also r u from America or the UK cos they’re usually less close-minded
Reply 4
Most of my Chinese friends have a preference for long straight hair with light skin

What about you?
Original post by Alishalol
That counts. What races do u discriminate against (honestly)? Also r u from America or the UK cos they’re usually less close-minded

Yes I am born and raised in the UK. I have dated a black girl and a Morrocan girl before. And 2 Chinese girls and one white girl

Though I do not have a preference personally .
Original post by DiamondDia
What about you?

I am 19 so still young and not much experience

You won't struggle to date a east asian man. But marriage will be hard as the parents would be against it
Reply 7

You won't struggle to date a east asian man. But marriage will be hard as the parents would be against it

Damn.

Interesting. So wld ur parents only be happy w a Chinese girl??
I'm Taiwanese Korean, and I would date and marry a black woman. My preference is still light skin and long straight hair so I don't find most black women attractive, but this is not to say I find no black women attractive. I have never had sex with a black woman, only making out for fun.

TBH, I'm not 100% sure my parents would be pleased for me to marry a black woman, but they would probably get over it. Right or wrong, black people don't have the best reputation in Asian cultures. But again...racial prejudice in marriage is still an issue in most asian cultures. A korean parent would probably but just as or even more against their son or daughter bringing home a Japanese man/woman. Or Chinese with Japanese, etc. I know most westerners just think we are all the same, but we don't really identify with being Asian as a group all that much.

But this is not to say these types of relationships are not possible, it's becoming more common and open these days. So do what makes you and your partner happy.

Also, perhaps it would help if you specified which countries men you think is attractive.
Original post by Andrew0409
I'm Taiwanese Korean, and I would date and marry a black woman. My preference is still light skin and long straight hair so I don't find most black women attractive, but this is not to say I find no black women attractive. I have never had sex with a black woman, only making out for fun.

TBH, I'm not 100% sure my parents would be pleased for me to marry a black woman, but they would probably get over it. Right or wrong, black people don't have the best reputation in Asian cultures. But again...racial prejudice in marriage is still an issue in most asian cultures. A korean parent would probably but just as or even more against their son or daughter bringing home a Japanese man/woman. Or Chinese with Japanese, etc. I know most westerners just think we are all the same, but we don't really identify with being Asian as a group all that much.

But this is not to say these types of relationships are not possible, it's becoming more common and open these days. So do what makes you and your partner happy.

Also, perhaps it would help if you specified which countries men you think is attractive.

I wanna first of ask, what reputation do black people generally have in Asian countries?

I find every race attractive, I don’t have a particular group of men from a particular country I find attractive as I’m not a fetishiser. My only criteria is great personality/character.
Original post by DiamondDia
I wanna first of ask, what reputation do black people generally have in Asian countries?

I find every race attractive, I don’t have a particular group of men from a particular country I find attractive as I’m not a fetishiser. My only criteria is great personality/character.

Negative ones. Poor, criminals, and unintelligent from poor countries.

This is not what I believe in case anyone freaks out at me.
Original post by DiddyDec

??
Negative ones. Poor, criminals, and unintelligent from poor countries.

This is not what I believe in case anyone freaks out at me.

So what do they think about white people and south Asians??? Or other south East Asians??
Yessir, I'm half south asian - however I am raised in a "white culture" household, that is to say I do not talk to my asian half of the family and therefore won't know about traditional asian family experiences.
Original post by Alishalol
So what do they think about white people and south Asians??? Or other south East Asians??

East Asian can look down on Southeast Asians. They typically work as laborers and caretakers in low skill jobs.

Whites are viewed favorably because they come from wealthy developed nations.

You have to understand, East Asian countries developed very rapidly in the 20th century. Many of them poorer than most African nations just a few decades ago. And we were also colonized. So we value wealth and the continued accumulation of wealth a lot. Marriage prospects for wealth is a big deal.

Have you seen the movie Crazy Rich Asians?
(edited 3 years ago)
But young people in East Asian are different. We are influenced by hip hop culture. You see K pop artists rap and hip hop is very popular with the youth. We have a popular hip hop scene in Taiwan.
But young people in East Asian are different. We are influenced by hip hop culture. You see K pop artists rap and hip hop is very popular with the youth. We have a popular hip hop scene in Taiwan.

Yes, I honestly have so much hope for the younger generation to filter out some of the inequality in this world.
if they are good looking yes

Latest