The Student Room Group
You still have a possible chance as some universities may look at other requirements and weigh up them and whether that is something to prevent you going there. I hope that makes sense.
Maths is a key skill for Business. They are asking for that specific grade at GCSE because that is the level of Maths aptitude you need to successfully complete the course.

You can email the Uni and ask if they would accept a lower grade, but be prepared for No.
Original post by Cheesecake04
You still have a possible chance as some universities may look at other requirements and weigh up them and whether that is something to prevent you going there. I hope that makes sense.

Yeah, I understand, that's what I presumed.
Original post by McGinger
Maths is a key skill for Business. They are asking for that specific grade at GCSE because that is the level of Maths aptitude you need to successfully complete the course.

You can email the Uni and ask if they would accept a lower grade, but be prepared for No.

I do business at A level so I know it's a bit mathsy... Shame I couldn't get the extra grade in GCSE :frown:
Are you able to resit
Resit at this stage and with CAGs will be difficult - yes, they could be put in for the GCSE resit but with no coursework completed, any teacher trying to work out a CAGs would be just making it up.

You could ask your school about a resit, but they may not be prepared to do it because of the problem explained above.
Original post by McGinger
Resit at this stage and with CAGs will be difficult - yes, they could be put in for the GCSE resit but with no coursework completed, any teacher trying to work out a CAGs would be just making it up.

You could ask your school about a resit, but they may not be prepared to do it because of the problem explained above.

Is it even worth thinking about a reset? in Y13 and that grade 5 was from the maths foundation paper (max grade is a 5) so I would literally have to relearn the maths + the higher crap. Inevitably meaning ill have to take a year break? is it really worth it or should I just look at universities that aren't as good?
You'll almost certainly be rejected without a second look. GCSE requirements are usually non-negotiable.
Reply 9
Original post by Jonathanツ
Is it even worth thinking about a reset? in Y13 and that grade 5 was from the maths foundation paper (max grade is a 5) so I would literally have to relearn the maths + the higher crap. Inevitably meaning ill have to take a year break? is it really worth it or should I just look at universities that aren't as good?

You can search up the topics and practice papers (e.g. use maths genie), I don't think it will take a year just to learn grade 5 to 9 stuff and getting a 6 requires like maybe 30-36 marks from both higher papers .
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending