The Student Room Group

maths question please help gcse

please help me on this im stuck :frown:

Scroll to see replies

this is the question
@ManU2020 could you help me please lmao you helped me last time :rolleyes:
@Stevie_Ggg the question refreshed lmao so i have to do this one could you help please??? thank you so much
Original post by SimSim0303
Its A because every even number will be divisible by 2 so your original number has to be 2n and the next even number will just be 2 more than your original number so it'll be 2n+2

it refreshed lmao could you help me on this instead please? thank you so much x
Original post by kbr1907
2n and 2n+2 as 2n and 4n will give you 2 even numbers that are not next to each other, for example, for n=2:

2(2)=4
4(2)=8

this is not true as 6 is the next even number after 4

so for 2n and 2n+2

2(2)=4
2(2)+2 = 6

The other solutions will give you odd numbers as it is +1

2n + 1 where n=2 gives:

2(2) + 1 = 5

i hope this makes sense

thank you so much i put a question above and i was wondering could you help me please? thanks
Original post by kbr1907
2n and 2n+2 as 2n and 4n will give you 2 even numbers that are not next to each other, for example, for n=2:

Please edit your post - you are breaking forum rules by posting a solution ...
Original post by Muttley79
Please edit your post - you are breaking forum rules by posting a solution ...

how????
Original post by theoneyoulove
@Stevie_Ggg the question refreshed lmao so i have to do this one could you help please??? thank you so much

What are your thoughts?
What are your thoughts?

im so so confused the whole class didnt get it and she said just watch a video and left the google meet fgs
im so so confused the whole class didnt get it and she said just watch a video and left the google meet fgs

What do you think the first step will be ...
What do you think the first step will be ...

nvm i did it lmao i just watched a video and asked my sister :rolleyes:
nvm i did it lmao i just watched a video and asked my sister :rolleyes:

Your sister won't be in the exam - do you understand now?
Your sister won't be in the exam - do you understand now?

i know lmao, yeah kinda hegarty maths is glitching so videos arent loading and im acc good at maths . maths genie saved me lmao my predicted is a 6 in maths but i got a 8 in the mock 3 marks off a 9 but my teacher wont give me a 8 probabaly she still believes im at a 6 despite getting 8/9's in all the tests (probably bc im in set 3 :frown:) (we did it in the exam hall so no one cheats and our teachers switched different questions from different papers which i was SO happy about !!) i hate it when people cheat lmao.. Thanks anyways
i know lmao, yeah kinda hegarty maths is glitching so videos arent loading and im acc good at maths . maths genie saved me lmao my predicted is a 6 in maths but i got a 8 in the mock 3 marks off a 9 but my teacher wont give me a 8 probabaly she still believes im at a 6 despite getting 8/9's in all the tests (probably bc im in set 3 :frown:) (we did it in the exam hall so no one cheats and our teachers switched different questions from different papers which i was SO happy about !!) i hate it when people cheat lmao.. Thanks anyways

If you want hard revision questions go here:
https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php?year=Full%20Coverage%20Revision%20Worksheets&term=GCSE

could you please just explain this??
(edited 3 years ago)

What are your thoughts so far? - I would start a proof by introducing my variable, can you see which one that is?
how????

Have you read the rules?

Full solutions are not the allowed. Hints and explanation allow the OP to progress and better understand the problem.
(edited 3 years ago)

Look back at the last one - what is the first step going to be?
Look back at the last one - what is the first step going to be?

no idea :/

Quick Reply

Latest