The Student Room Group

My Girlfriend broke up with me

I asked my gf out and she told me how much she liked me and how shed been waiting for me to ask her out for ages. Anyways, 2 months later after ghosting me for 3 days she calls me and says she wants to break up due to A levels which are not even this year as we dont have AS, and she claimed shes really not mature or ready for a relationship with me or anyone else. She sent me a long text about bad timing and how she was upset as well. she told me to move on and let go when I asked about the possibility of a future chance with her she said she doesnt want to hold me on to that. I bugged her on the phone asking her if she had become less interested but she wouldnt say.
Is her excuse about not being mature or ready,bad timing and about A levels next year a good reason or due to her decreased interest level in me as opposed to 2 months ago? would appreciate all opinions.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's over.

Done.

You keep pining after her, your value in her eyes will plummet faster than a penny dropped from Big Ben. Accept this. [censored] happens. Improve yourself. Forget her. Take a little while to accept it, if you must. Then shove her out your mind. What a woman says is like a cloud - well-formed, coherent, and unrecognizable moments later (and I quote David Deida). Work on improving yourself, acing your exams and generally being the best man you can be. Bugging her on the phone only says "Geez, this guy is desperate and has no other options or prospects". Take up hobbies, master skills. The reason why you are so insistent on asking for a chance in the future is that the fact that you are afraid of the uncertainty. Afraid of the rejection you may get from approaching new girls, consciously or subconsciously. Make yourself so high value and so confident in yourself that other girls cannot understand why your ex let you go. And make her question why she decided to end it. Believe it or not, your future value is limitless and unparalleled. It simply has not been realized yet. To quote a German saying, "Behave like a king to be treated like a king."

In a nutshell. It's done. Move on. Pursue greatness. You have options. Don't believe one girl is all you will ever have. This solely means another more deserving of the gift that is you are out there.
Sorry, I didnt bug her i called her once 2 hours after the break up wanting to properly understand and find out the reason, I havent contacted her since.
I appreciate your response.

Done.

You keep pining after her, your value in her eyes will plummet faster than a penny dropped from Big Ben. Accept this. [censored] happens. Improve yourself. Forget her. Take a little while to accept it, if you must. Then shove her out your mind. What a woman says is like a cloud - well-formed, coherent, and unrecognizable moments later (and I quote David Deida). Work on improving yourself, acing your exams and generally being the best man you can be. Bugging her on the phone only says "Geez, this guy is desperate and has no other options or prospects". Take up hobbies, master skills. The reason why you are so insistent on asking for a chance in the future is that the fact that you are afraid of the uncertainty. Afraid of the rejection you may get from approaching new girls, consciously or subconsciously. Make yourself so high value and so confident in yourself that other girls cannot understand why your ex let you go. And make her question why she decided to end it. Believe it or not, your future value is limitless and unparalleled. It simply has not been realized yet. To quote a German saying, "Behave like a king to be treated like a king."

In a nutshell. It's done. Move on. Pursue greatness. You have options. Don't believe one girl is all you will ever have. This solely means another more deserving of the gift that is you are out there.
She just isn't ready ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Easy come, easy go. She thinks that a relationship may perhaps disrupt her A-level results and you need to accept that. Don't hang around or you'll get heartbroken.
It's reasonable to avoid a relationship for those reasons, and I think what you need to focus on is not to pine over her too much. She isn't ready to be with anyone at the moment, and to pursue her seems like a bad idea when she's so set on it, both for you and how it might effect you emotionally as well as for her. It's alright, you'll find someone new.
I get that, it's just the fact A levels are not this year as we don't have AS which confuses me.
I appreciate your opinion.
Easy come, easy go. She thinks that a relationship may perhaps disrupt her A-level results and you need to accept that. Don't hang around or you'll get heartbroken.
Original post by Kierensaddlr
It's over.

Done.

Someone should get this tattooed on em.
I just feel that if she valued me enough and was still really interested as she was a couple of months ago, she wouldnt want to let me go no matter about exams or not being ready to commit. It's reasonable to avoid a relationship for those reasons, and I think what you need to focus on is not to pine over her too much. She isn't ready to be with anyone at the moment, and to pursue her seems like a bad idea when she's so set on it, both for you and how it might effect you emotionally as well as for her. It's alright, you'll find someone new.
Reply 9
Original post by Kierensaddlr
It's over.

Done.

This is the reality and I like what say it's really help
Thank you so much
Oh im so sorry
I promise youll find someone better because you will deserve it
If you wanna PM me you can babes
Or I can PM you
Just let me know
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jackmarshal757
Boohoo

you don't need to be quite so insensitive
Original post by zkarp
I asked my gf out and she told me how much she liked me and how shed been waiting for me to ask her out for ages. Anyways, 2 months later after ghosting me for 3 days she calls me and says she wants to break up due to A levels which are not even this year as we dont have AS, and she claimed shes really not mature or ready for a relationship with me or anyone else. She sent me a long text about bad timing and how she was upset as well. she told me to move on and let go when I asked about the possibility of a future chance with her she said she doesnt want to hold me on to that. I bugged her on the phone asking her if she had become less interested but she wouldnt say.
Is her excuse about not being mature or ready,bad timing and about A levels next year a good reason or due to her decreased interest level in me as opposed to 2 months ago? would appreciate all opinions.

Sorry pal but she's lead you on she's a bad egg, a levels is an excuse what she really means is she wants to shag around
i hope ur doing better <3 ppl like that dont deserve your time and effort !
Original post by Anonymous
i hope ur doing better <3 ppl like that dont deserve your time and effort !

yh totally
Original post by ADarling
you don't need to be quite so insensitive

I don’t really care
Original post by zkarp

She could be prepping for a levels as I know a few people who prepare very early for them so it’s not uncommon.

Either way I’d recommend not asking her anything about a potential relationship and instead just moving on, staying friends or at least civil with her and see where that goes
Original post by jackmarshal757
I don’t really care

maybe don't comment then
You recent commenters should be aware the thread is 3 years old.
Original post by ADarling
maybe don't comment then

Bla bla bla bla bla - that’s all I’m hearing from you.

Goodbye imma go kill myself. Nothing worth living for anymore

Latest

Trending

Trending