The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Philosophy 2021

Has anyone applied to study Philosophy next year at UCL? If so, have you got an offer yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Patrickf2506
Has anyone applied to study Philosophy next year at UCL? If so, have you got an offer yet?

I applied for 2021 Philosophy at UCL in mid Dec and haven't heard back yet
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by tiatiatiatia
I applied for 2021 Philosophy at UCL in mid Dec and haven't heard back yet

Nice, I hadn’t seen anyone else applying yet so I was trying to find people who have. I haven’t heard back either so probably means they haven’t sent out offers yet. Let’s hope they do soon though!
Nice, I hadn’t seen anyone else applying yet so I was trying to find people who have. I haven’t heard back either so probably means they haven’t sent out offers yet. Let’s hope they do soon though!

I also applied in December. They received my application on the 11th and I am also yet to hear back from them.
I have applied and not heard back yet
That's a bit odd - I applied and got an offer in early December.

EDIT: I applied early, though, so perhaps that accounts for something. I'm also applying post-A level (but pending a resit in a subject I don't know what will happen to), so there's that.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Polymorphousperv

EDIT: I applied early, though, so perhaps that accounts for something. I'm also applying post-A level (but pending a resit in a subject I don't know what will happen to), so there's that.

When did you apply and what grades do you have/are predicted if you don't mind me asking? I'm quite nervous about my grade profile tbh
When did you apply and what grades do you have/are predicted if you don't mind me asking? I'm quite nervous about my grade profile tbh

I applied with A*A*B and an A* in an EPQ, pending resits in the subject I got a B in.
I applied with A*A*B and an A* in an EPQ, pending resits in the subject I got a B in.

Technically you already exceed the requirements of the course
Original post by Bookworm04
Technically you already exceed the requirements of the course

No, the requirements are AAA (and the EPQ is a separate independent project, not an A level, but y'know, still useful to do).
(edited 3 years ago)
No, the requirements are A*AA (and the EPQ is a separate independent project, not an A level, but y'know, still useful to do).

What course did you apply to? Philosophy BA by itself is AAA on the website

(also your achieved a level grades are amazing!)
What course did you apply to? Philosophy BA by itself is AAA on the website

(also your achieved a level grades are amazing!)

Sorry, yes, you're right, I meant AAA for the single honours degree. And thanks, still trying to improve that B though.
Sorry, yes, you're right, I meant AAA for the single honours degree. And thanks, still trying to improve that B though.

That's okay haha, I hope you do well on your resit.

How early did you apply may I ask? I applied in October and am still yet to hear anything.
How early did you apply may I ask? I applied in October and am still yet to hear anything.

I think the poster got their offer because they already have good grades which have been achieved whereas the rest of us have pending grades so they will probably start giving offers after the deadline.
What are all of your predicted grades?? (if you don't mind sharing of course)

Mine are A*A*B but I'm worried since I don't meet the AAA requirements for the courses I applied to at UCL (Philosophy BA + Philosophy and History of Art BA)
What are all of your predicted grades?? (if you don't mind sharing of course)

Mine are A*A*B but I'm worried since I don't meet the AAA requirements for the courses I applied to at UCL (Philosophy BA + Philosophy and History of Art BA)

My grades are A*A*AA and I have applied for Philosophy BA. Even though my grades meet the requirements I'm still very worried.
I applied but I’m starting to change my mind. I want to go through clearing for something science related
My grades are A*A*AA and I have applied for Philosophy BA. Even though my grades meet the requirements I'm still very worried.

That's amazing, I'm sure you'll get an offer with those grades!
That's amazing, I'm sure you'll get an offer with those grades!

Thank you:smile:, I can just hope for now. I'm sure you will too, even if you are worried about the requirements you're pretty much meeting them already and in these times they're likely to give the benefit of the doubt. I hope you get in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending