The Student Room Group

I'm losing my family

They have treated me to takeaway food twice and I've wasted it. I wasted it on my brothers birthday meal a few days ago, now today I have wasted a chippy they bought me for lunch because I am depressed pretty bad now. I have not been diagnosed but I have been miserable for 10 months atleast now.

The other day we were eating, my family shouted me to come downstairs for dinner which was take away they got delivered and I took 1 bite then said I can't manage it then I my brother said just have it and I said I can't then my dad came in and shouted at me then I just went back up to my room.

Today my dad wanted me to come to do the weekly shop to help him, I said no and refused to get out of bed so in the end he took my brother instead. They came home with some with chips and a sausage kindly which I came down for but I yet again had no appetite so took one bite and said I don't want it then I walked off back to my room, my dad said my name but I ignored him and just went off. I hear from the stairs my brother call me a ****ing idiot to our parents then my mum told my dad and brother why do they bother getting food because I have wasted it. I also walked passed my brothers room and he told me to go away because he has no respect for me anymore. I have not spoken to any of my family since my brother said that. I've already lost my brother, he normally comes to my room to talk to me, im losing my other family as well, they have not made me any dinner.

When my brother and dad went to the shop I got out of bed after they went, I was going actually go to the gp but I got up and stepped out of bed then realised wtf am I doing and immediately changed my mind about going to the gp. I don't have the courage at all to go to the gp, I don’t have the courage to speak on the phone because my famliy will just hear me and think who am I talking to then laugh when they find out I am talking to a gp.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
They have treated me to takeaway food twice and I've wasted it. I wasted it on my brothers birthday meal a few days ago, now today I have wasted a chippy they bought me for lunch because I am depressed pretty bad now. I have not been diagnosed but I have been miserable for 10 months atleast now.

The other day we were eating, my family shouted me to come downstairs for dinner which was take away they got delivered and I took 1 bite then said I can't manage it then I my brother said just have it and I said I can't then my dad came in and shouted at me then I just went back up to my room.

Today my dad wanted me to come to do the weekly shop to help him, I said no and refused to get out of bed so in the end he took my brother instead. They came home with some with chips and a sausage kindly which I came down for but I yet again had no appetite so took one bite and said I don't want it then I walked off back to my room, my dad said my name but I ignored him and just went off. I hear from the stairs my brother call me a ****ing idiot to our parents then my mum told my dad and brother why do they bother getting food because I have wasted it. I also walked passed my brothers room and he told me to go away because he has no respect for me anymore. I have not spoken to any of my family since my brother said that. I've already lost my brother, he normally comes to my room to talk to me, im losing my other family as well, they have not made me any dinner.

When my brother and dad went to the shop I got out of bed after they went, I was going actually go to the gp but I got up and stepped out of bed then realised wtf am I doing and immediately changed my mind about going to the gp. I don't have the courage at all to go to the gp, I don’t have the courage to speak on the phone because my famliy will just hear me and think who am I talking to then laugh when they find out I am talking to a gp.

Honetly I can relate to this... Except I don't talk to my brothers- My mom is ehh- I don't see my dad anymore- My brothers don't even like me.. I can't even manage to keep my room clean or get out of bed- Like I've been only eating 1 meal a day and sleeping constantly-

I've been this way for about a year and a half..

And when I talk to a gp my mom ease drops and just yells at me and has a "talk" with me about what I said.. Honestly I'm done with family the only thing i care about is my partner and my friends. I've managed to save enough money to move out at 17 and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I know family is "all I got" but man they put a hard time on me... The gp really doesn't help me at all.. all I do is lie to them saying "I'm perfectly happy and getting better"

I hope you can seem to get things right with your family and start to get "help" I wish the best of luck for you.

If you ever need someone to talk to or rant to I'm open with welcome arms :smile: Just DM me anytime of day or night and I'll try and answer/help the best I can. You don't have too but it's up to you.
Reply 2
Original post by rawrspamz
Honetly I can relate to this... Except I don't talk to my brothers- My mom is ehh- I don't see my dad anymore- My brothers don't even like me.. I can't even manage to keep my room clean or get out of bed- Like I've been only eating 1 meal a day and sleeping constantly-

I've been this way for about a year and a half..

And when I talk to a gp my mom ease drops and just yells at me and has a "talk" with me about what I said.. Honestly I'm done with family the only thing i care about is my partner and my friends. I've managed to save enough money to move out at 17 and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I know family is "all I got" but man they put a hard time on me... The gp really doesn't help me at all.. all I do is lie to them saying "I'm perfectly happy and getting better"

I hope you can seem to get things right with your family and start to get "help" I wish the best of luck for you.

If you ever need someone to talk to or rant to I'm open with welcome arms :smile: Just DM me anytime of day or night and I'll try and answer/help the best I can. You don't have too but it's up to you.

Thanks, I think the GP would be useless so **** that. You are ok because you have got a partner and friends which I haven't got. I am just screwed now I guess I will be miserable for ever
You should really talk to a qualified professional, not strangers on the internet. I know it’s a lot harder to seek help in person than online, but it sounds like it would benefit your entire family. Therapy / counselling is not something to be ashamed of. I hope things improve for you soon.
Thanks, I think the GP would be useless so **** that. You are ok because you have got a partner and friends which I haven't got. I am just screwed now I guess I will be miserable for ever

The GP is really useless But you can still see a GP or talk to one, but I only have one friend.. My partner lives like a state away from me (3 hours) which is sad :frown: BUT! I could be your friend:smile: You won't be miserable forever! You'll find friends and maybe a lover soon! It just takes time to find a real friend and a boyfriend/girlfriend who actually stays.. Trust me I know how long that takes..
Original post by RebeccaB_x
You should really talk to a qualified professional, not strangers on the internet. I know it’s a lot harder to seek help in person than online, but it sounds like it would benefit your entire family. Therapy / counselling is not something to be ashamed of. I hope things improve for you soon.

Agreed
Reply 6
Original post by RebeccaB_x

I genuinely don't have the courage to do it, this is all I have got the courage to do, surely there's other people like me who struggling but don't have the courage to speak to anyone.
Reply 7
The GP is really useless But you can still see a GP or talk to one, but I only have one friend.. My partner lives like a state away from me (3 hours) which is sad :frown: BUT! I could be your friend:smile: You won't be miserable forever! You'll find friends and maybe a lover soon! It just takes time to find a real friend and a boyfriend/girlfriend who actually stays.. Trust me I know how long that takes..

You are 17 though and I'm 20
You are 17 though and I'm 20

I know, I have a 22 year old friend, along with a 23 year old. I somehow become really good friends with peopel older than me lmfao. But if you don't wan to that's perfectly fine with me! I hope you find some true friends soon! <3
Reply 9
You were told to get professional help in all the other threads you posted about this...

If the only thing stopping you is you family not supporting you, that is the wrong reason not to phone your GP. You are an adult and can take action yourself

Seeing GP takes a lot of courage which i dont have and we both agree that GPs are useless so what is the point. GPs are useless along with therapy and counselling and everything. All of them get paid, no gp or therapist or whatever isn't going is going to go home and lose sleep over me
Why are you posing about this again?
I’ve seen you post this multiple times. I find it odd the way you explain things and how you’re so focused and obsessed on this takeaway/food part of the story. Like perhaps you have some learning difficulties? Regardless, you can’t control what your family does and you shouldn’t listen to them laughing about you going to the GP. It will be for your own benefit, you’re just going to have to find the courage to make that phone call.
Original post by Surnia
You were told to get professional help in all the other threads you posted about this...

If the only thing stopping you is you family not supporting you, that is the wrong reason not to phone your GP. You are an adult and can take action yourself

Professional help is not an option, I don’t have the courage and GPs are useless along with therapy and counselling and all that. All of them get paid, no gp or therapist or professional help people are going to go home and think about me they just need money to pay off bills
Original post by black tea
Why are you posing about this again?

People keep saying get professional help but I can't
Okay, considering you won't seek help. Then you absolutely must do more help yourself.

Get up. Get into a good routine, go to sleep at the same time and wake at the same time. Go out for a daily walk. Do some sort of exercise 5 to 6 days a week, and yes, you can workout at home - YouTube. Eat a healthy and balanced diet. Drink enough water. Stop wallowing. Do something creative to work through difficult emotions. Read self help books and listen to self-help pod casts. Add these things in one at a time.

You have to do something. You can't keep complaining, as it is clearly not helping your MH improve.
Seeing GP takes a lot of courage which i dont have and we both agree that GPs are useless so what is the point. GPs are useless along with therapy and counselling and everything. All of them get paid, no gp or therapist or whatever isn't going is going to go home and lose sleep over me

Yeah- Honestly I was forced into talking to a GP. I've gotten useless information and "intrusctions" from them. All they say is "Find something productive to do. Go outside and walk Hang out with friends. Start finding a new hobby" They never say anything helpful but like I know for a fact they don't lose sleep over anyone who is having a hard time in life. But it's honestly your desicion to get a GP, therapest, and ect.
People keep saying get professional help but I can't

Of course you can. You are making excuses. If you want things to change, you have to make an effort to change them and speaking to a health professional is the best way of getting help.
I’ve seen you post this multiple times. I find it odd the way you explain things and how you’re so focused and obsessed on this takeaway/food part of the story. Like perhaps you have some learning difficulties? Regardless, you can’t control what your family does and you shouldn’t listen to them laughing about you going to the GP. It will be for your own benefit, you’re just going to have to find the courage to make that phone call.

My family are losing respect for me because I am wasting food that they are giving me and I wasted my brothers birthday meal. I have lost my brother because he doesn't respect me how I ruined his birthday. I don't have learning difficulties, thanks for the insult though, its mission accomplished your have now hurt me even more so thanks honestly.
Original post by black tea
Of course you can. You are making excuses. If you want things to change, you have to make an effort to change them and speaking to a health professional is the best way of getting help.

No I can't, the gp isn't going to help anyway, its just going to make me feel worse because I will lose more hope and other professional help won't be useful. I don't have the courage that isn't an excuse because it is physically stopping me from going or talking to the gp.

Latest

Trending

Trending