The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business A Level Paper 1 24th May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Thanks
Reply 61
Original post by someone2000
Nope. Only remember a question about calculating ARR.

Okay thanks, is it harder than paper 1?
Original post by star453
Okay thanks, is it harder than paper 1?

I’d say paper 2 was the hardest one for me, but that’s a matter of opinion I guess
Original post by BusinessGuru.

hey don't know if you will see this but can you repost this thread. Found this thread really useful.
Original post by niceshortsman
hey don't know if you will see this but can you repost this thread. Found this thread really useful.

Link doesn’t work
Original post by someone2000
Link doesn’t work

Yeah, is there another way in which I can access the questions from that paper. Is there another thread or working link?
Original post by BusinessGuru.
Edexcel Business A Level Paper 1
Theme 1 and Theme 4

Section A
1a) Calculate the percentage difference between 2010 and 2011 compared to 2019 and 2020 and find the difference of those. (4 marks)
The answer was around 54%.

1b) Product life cycle question (4 marks)

1c) Assess the consequences of Spotify on the stock market floatation. (10 marks)
Talk about benefits and drawbacks of public limited companies and how shares are sold on the stock market.

4) Assess the consequences to Spotify of operating in a dynamic market. (12 marks)
Talk about how the market is constantly changing. Spotify must be able to adapt to change.

1d) Two options were using marketing strategies to continue in there existing markets or go into emerging economies. (20 marks)

Section B

2a) Secondary research question (4 marks)

2b) Supply and Demand diagram (4 marks)
Shift the demand curve to the left as the population of elderly customers buying coffee decreases.

2c) Assess the benefits of Lavazzo being in a NAFTA trading bloc. (10 marks)
Talk about free trade between USA and Mexico.
Costs are cut as Lavzzo won’t need to pay tariffs.

2d) Marketing mix q (12 marks)

2e) Two options were to change the organisational structure or to change the workforce into a flexible one. (20 marks)
Talk about spans of control.
Motivation.

Anyone else remember the questions or answers?

Anyone know what was on paper 2 2019?
anyone know what topics came up on paper 2
^^^^^
Original post by julie.bunkox
anyone know what topics came up on paper 2

4 marker on forecasts , 12 marker on scenario planning , 20 marker on tqm

10 marker on JIT, 4 marker on average rate of return, 20 marker on diversifying and selling to lower income
Original post by star453
Does anyone remember the paper 2 questions?

4 marker on forecasts , 12 marker on scenario planning , 20 marker on tqm

10 marker on JIT, 4 marker on average rate of return, 20 marker on diversifying and selling to lower income
Hey! Could someone send me edexcel business paper 2 2019? I can’t find it anywhere:frown:
It would really help:smile:!!!!
Original post by Alex20002000
Hey! Could someone send me edexcel business paper 2 2019? I can’t find it anywhere:frown:
It would really help:smile:!!!!

1 a.) With reference to Vision Spring, explain the benefits of growing as a company. 4
1 b.) With reference to Vision Spring, explain what is meant by Fixed and Variable costs. 4
1 c.) Assess Vision Springs decision to finance its growth using retained profits. 10
1 d.) Assess whether the decision to be a socially responsible business is like to increase Warby Parkers profits. 12
1 e.) Two options: develop a new range of contact lenses for the high income market or start selling glasses in low income market. Which one is more likely to achieve Warby Parker's main corporate objective ( to grow the business) 20
2 a.) Explain one way Hardy Punglia could use his cash flow forecast 4
2 b.) Calculate total profit variance (£388 million- don't forget to put million you will lose marks) 4
2 c.) Assess the extent to which Zara's use of just in time may have contributed to its success 10

my teachers took out some questions but I think there's Average rate of return (4) and a 20 marker on total quality management

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by C8laudia
1 a.) With reference to Vision Spring, explain the benefits of growing as a company. 4
1 b.) With reference to Vision Spring, explain what is meant by Fixed and Variable costs. 4
1 c.) Assess Vision Springs decision to finance its growth using retained profits. 10
1 d.) Assess whether the decision to be a socially responsible business is like to increase Warby Parkers profits. 12
1 e.) Two options: develop a new range of contact lenses for the high income market or start selling glasses in low income market. Which one is more likely to achieve Warby Parker's main corporate objective ( to grow the business) 20
2 b.) Calculate total profit variance (£388 million- don't forget to put million you will lose marks) 4
2 c.) Assess the extent to which Zara's use of just in time may have contributed to its success 10

my teachers took out some questions but I think there's Average rate of return (4) and a 20 marker on total quality management

Thank you very much! Do you have extracts for these questions by any chance?:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Thanks a lot!:smile:

You're welcome :smile: sorry if the photos are a little fuzzy
are you sure these were the questions for the edexcel 2019 paper 2 exam? Or did your teacher just put together some questions because everyone else is saying the questions are about forecasts, ARR, fit, tqm etc which aren't on there(Original post by sunflower_)You're welcome :smile: sorry if the photos are a little fuzzy

Original post by C8laudia

are you sure these were the questions for the edexcel 2019 paper 2 exam? Or did your teacher just put together some questions because everyone else is saying the questions are about forecasts, ARR, fit, tqm etc which aren't on there
Thanks a lot!:smile:

are you sure these were the questions for the edexcel 2019 paper 2 exam? Or did your teacher just put together some questions because everyone else is saying the questions are about forecasts, ARR, fit, tqm etc which aren't on there
does anyone know the grade boundaries for this paper 1?
Do you remember paper 2 questions?
Original post by Noorkh33
Anyone know what was on paper 2 2019?

Do you know paper 3??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending