The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else who's applying done an access course? I've got my interview next week for children's nursing....
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by h5f3
oh okay I hope it was good news

it was thank u, hope u hear back soon! xx
Reply 22
Hey I’ve applied to kings too, I’m currently doing an access course via distance learning x
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from kings?
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous

yes - I applied end of November and still not heard anything x
Reply 25
Hey! How was the interview? and how did your prepare?
Hey I was wondering if they do the English and maths test in your online interview?
Original post by username5474002
Hi, I had my interview almost a month ago, I was told it would be one to two weeks to get an answer. Has anyone heard from them? KCL is my first choice.

did you hear back yet?
Reply 28
Original post by Prettyopinion738
Hey I was wondering if they do the English and maths test in your online interview?

for the in-person interviews last year, there were no english or maths tests
hi was the interview a MMI? or a normal interview?
Original post by meems22
i'll be starting children's nursing at KCL in sept 2021

thought i'd make this thread if anyone has questions about the application process or anything really

reply below!!

Hi are the online interviews for nursing at KCL MMI (multiple mini interviews )or normal? Im a bit stressed as my invitation doesn't disclose this
Reply 31
Original post by annoynmous78987
Hi are the online interviews for nursing at KCL MMI (multiple mini interviews )or normal? Im a bit stressed as my invitation doesn't disclose this

hey, no need to stress, is there any way to contact them? not sure about the interview changes for this year but mine last year were MMI - about 3 minutes for each station, about 4-5 stations i think - time went VERY quickly, felt like a minute each station even though i was extremely nervous and kept repeating myself due to that aha, but honestly don’t stress! as long as they can see that you’re passionate
Original post by meems22
hey, no need to stress, is there any way to contact them? not sure about the interview changes for this year but mine last year were MMI - about 3 minutes for each station, about 4-5 stations i think - time went VERY quickly, felt like a minute each station even though i was extremely nervous and kept repeating myself due to that aha, but honestly don’t stress! as long as they can see that you’re passionate

Thank you! My interview is on Friday and I've been preparing for a normal interview not MMI aha, was yours online?
Reply 33
Thank you! My interview is on Friday and I've been preparing for a normal interview not MMI aha, was yours online?

mine was in person - i’m on a gap year so i had mine before this whole covid situation

did they not tell you anything about the interview? i’m sure we got info about the interview through an email
Original post by meems22
mine was in person - i’m on a gap year so i had mine before this whole covid situation

did they not tell you anything about the interview? i’m sure we got info about the interview through an email

All I have had is a time and date and that's literally all the information I have been given, do they normal give an outline on what subjects will come up?
Reply 35
All I have had is a time and date and that's literally all the information I have been given, do they normal give an outline on what subjects will come up?

no they don’t, but they did tell us it was an MMI - also an MMI is just as the name says, multiple mini interviews so it’s ok if you were preparing for one interview

for mine, the interviewers were really chill and even though i was extremely nervous they seemed very understanding and helpful :smile:

i’m sure you can search up common questions asked in nursing interviews

i still waiting to hear back, i did the interview in december
Reply 37
i still waiting to hear back, i did the interview in december

How was the interview? How did it go?
Original post by Nx_.1
How was the interview? How did it go?

i would say it was ok, but there was one part that i didn’t know how to answer.
Reply 39
i would say it was ok, but there was one part that i didn’t know how to answer.

Oh wow. So did you not answer it completely then? How can I prepare for it? Was it a multiple mini interview with questions being asked to you about nursing?

Latest