The Student Room Group

🟠 parmezanne's wellness blog 🟠

hi, welcome! :smile:

In 2021, I gave monthly updates on wellness. Click here to see my life blog. Click here to see my uni blog.

parmezanne's mindfulness blog notes:

•

my thoughts/feelings about the year ahead: I want to make active decisions in my every day life to improve how i feel. the vaccine is amazing news and brings a light at the end of the tunnel but we have a way to go yet in order to make sure everyone around us is uplifted and supported.

•

'nominations for others you think might like to make a wellness blog' - @sunny.side.up @LovelyMrFox @nikkiblonsky

•

I have a different mindful theme and goal each month: january is empathy and awareness, february is self-love and selfish kindness, march is habit kicking, april is productivity and healthiness, may is screentime, june is a hiatus month, july is working hard and playing hard, august is taking care of my physical body, september is maintaining work ethic, october and november is taking care of my body and protecting my happiness, december is peace.

please let me know if you would like to be added / removed to the tag list!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

january goal

my january goal is to be more empathetic and aware.

I think through the multiple lockdowns, it's been difficult - but in different ways. the first was tough because it was such a shock, the second was tough because it was bleak and seemed like it would be this way forever (lockdown, go all out, lockdown, go all out etc, and the third is tough because it seems relentless.

although we finally have a real sense of hope with the vaccine and now we might get to fully enjoy at least a few months out of 2021 more capably, many of us are still struggling with the present.

i'd really like to be more in the moment when i talk to people or even respond to students on this site. be aware of their situation, know that everyone is going through something you can't directly see, and try to understand how although you might be having a rough time, there's always someone who's going to have it rougher.

overall - i want to be caring. caring for myself because i know my mental health is compromised like any, caring for my loved ones because they're all pushing through it too, and caring for everyone around me.
Following! :biggrin: PRSOM!

I LOVE the idea of monthly themes and goals :love:
Excited to see how you get on! Monthly themes is a great idea :smile:
Woah this is aesthetic
So many blogs!

Spoiler

Original post by BurstingBubbles
Following! :biggrin: PRSOM!

I LOVE the idea of monthly themes and goals :love:

thank you bubbles!

I'm so glad we're in this together :yep:
Original post by DrawTheLine
Excited to see how you get on! Monthly themes is a great idea :smile:

thanks for your support!

I thought it might be more manageable and it might give me long-lasting traits if I'm making a habit of them each for 30 days, so then I (hopefully) develop in 12 ways! :yep:
Original post by nikkiblonsky
Woah this is aesthetic

thank you :lol:

as you can probably tell, orange is my favourite colour :colondollar: i had a massive rebrand a couple months ago and it's quite an easy theme to stick to in that aspect :yep:
Original post by sunny.side.up
So many blogs!

Spoiler

thank you for your continued support, sunny. I always appreciate your little comments! :yep:
Original post by parmezanne
thank you for your continued support, sunny. I always appreciate your little comments! :yep:

:hugs: Aww your welcome.
:hi:

Posting to subscribe :h:
Reply 12
A great theme for the start of the year, good luck! :hugs:
thank you smka!! (feel like i haven't seen you around in ages, obviously missed you) :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hi:

Posting to subscribe :h:

:woo:

thank you so much for your support!! :smile:

Original post by LovelyMrFox
A great theme for the start of the year, good luck! :hugs:

thanks - you too! :hugs:
january update 01

Hi everyone and welcome to my first update of my wellness blog!

This week has been pretty good actually - I'm a university student so I spend most days doing readings, watching lectures and being in online seminars. The seminars have all been good and so far I like the sound of all my tutors and new modules, so things are going well in that department :yep:

The week before last was tougher - getting to grips with the fact that the university experience is simply not what it's supposed to be, is difficult. When you only have so many precious months of university, you want to make the most of it, and spending even 2 months away from it is so hard to think about! COVID has finally sunk in properly now - the vaccine is great news but we have a way to go yet :redface:

In terms of being empathetic, I don't think I've been great so far. I've made a couple new friends and have enjoyable seminars, so I don't want to brag or big up my experience at the expense of making others feel low. I will make a conscious effort this week to listen to others, rather than give my opinion and own experiences straight away. :smile:

Check out my uni blog for more updates on my general life. :yep:

by the way - I was going to do a tag list, I will tag in all those who commented previously on this blog, please don't hesitate to pm me or comment if you want to be removed! I won't be offended :smile:

@BurstingBubbles
@DrawTheLine
@nikkiblonsky
@sunny.side.up

@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@LovelyMrFox
I can imagine it's tough being at uni during all of this. For me only the last few months of my degree were affected and I actually think it helped me get the classification I did as I was definitely burning out, so lockdown had a surprise benefit there!

Hopefully you're still able to make the most of what you can :crossedf: easier said than done sometimes
january update 01

This week has been pretty good actually - I'm a university student so I spend most days doing readings, watching lectures and being in online seminars. The seminars have all been good and so far I like the sound of all my tutors and new modules, so things are going well in that department :yep:

The week before last was tougher - getting to grips with the fact that the university experience is simply not what it's supposed to be, is difficult. When you only have so many precious months of university, you want to make the most of it, and spending even 2 months away from it is so hard to think about! COVID has finally sunk in properly now - the vaccine is great news but we have a way to go yet :redface:

In terms of being empathetic, I don't think I've been great so far. I've made a couple new friends and have enjoyable seminars, so I don't want to brag or big up my experience at the expense of making others feel low. I will make a conscious effort this week to listen to others, rather than give my opinion and own experiences straight away. :smile:

by the way - I was going to do a tag list, I will tag in all those who commented previously on this blog, please don't hesitate to pm me or comment if you want to be removed! I won't be offended :smile:

@BurstingBubbles
@DrawTheLine
@nikkiblonsky
@sunny.side.up
@Hellohsjakodsmka
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@LovelyMrFox

I wouldn’t worry about making friends especially due to Covid . Ooh what degree are you doing ?
january update 01

@BurstingBubbles
@DrawTheLine
@nikkiblonsky
@sunny.side.up
@Hellohsjakodsmka
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@LovelyMrFox

Glad to hear you have a good week!
PRSOM! Great update. Sending hugs about difficult things around COVID :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending