The Student Room Group

Notes for Edexcel IGCSE Human Biology (9-1)

I've compiled a lot of resources from past papers and textbooks and made a word document.

I sat for my Human Biology exam last year and I got a 9. I've attached the original document. I would post the PDF version but it's too large to be attached. Hopefully, if you find any mistakes or missing information, you can edit it and post it again for others to see. The stuff in bold are model answers. The document isn't perfect but hopefully it works to your advantage. I studied Human Biology on my own and did my exam completely based on this note.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions. Tip: Do every single past paper. There's a lot of questions repeated across papers and it's ideal to form model answers for these questions.

Scroll to see replies

thanks a bunch!!!
Reply 2
It says the document is corrupted please help me
Reply 3
Original post by Noir nor
It says the document is corrupted please help me

Same problem here
Original post by S.78_t
Same problem here

@S.78_t @Noir nor
does this work?
Original post by isobeln
@S.78_t @Noir nor
does this work?

Yes this seems to be working!
Reply 6
Original post by isobeln
@S.78_t @Noir nor
does this work?

Yess!! Thank you so much❤️
heyy!! I am sitting for my human biology exam next year in June 2021, since you're already experienced, I would truly appreciate it if you would give me any piece of advice, literally anything. I am studying it without a teacher, (I believe that's the case for most of us), but the syllabus has changed since 2017(4HB0 to 4HB1) , and only the 2019 papers have the exam with the new syllabus, so the past papers from which I can practice from is really limited.
Original post by samablossom
heyy!! I am sitting for my human biology exam next year in June 2021, since you're already experienced, I would truly appreciate it if you would give me any piece of advice, literally anything. I am studying it without a teacher, (I believe that's the case for most of us), but the syllabus has changed since 2017(4HB0 to 4HB1) , and only the 2019 papers have the exam with the new syllabus, so the past papers from which I can practice from is really limited.

I think the biggest piece of advice I can give is to compare the previous specification with the new one and check which new topics were added. I can’t recollect the newer topics that were added but it really helped me to look through these topics from AS biology papers and attempt them. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of repeated questions across papers which have the same points in mark scheme - look at these. I did every single past paper and I think that’s what really helped me - you should aim to do this. Human biology is normally the first exam so spend the run up to the exam working on that. Wish you the best of luck and if you have any more queries don’t hesitate to pm me.
Reply 9
Assalamualaikum. Did you sit for GCSE or IGCSE ?
Original post by Mxya221
Assalamualaikum. Did you sit for GCSE or IGCSE ?

AFAIK there is no human biology in GCSE Edexcel.
Original post by Alpha.spirit
AFAIK there is no human biology in GCSE Edexcel.

Oh,i had no idea, thanks for letting me know !!
hii me too! if u want we can contact eachother and help eachother out :biggrin:
thank you so much for responding, i didn’t expect that you would, honestly, anyway, actually all the other IGCSE subjects I am taking are from Cambridge Board Examinations, not Edexcel, my only Edexcel subject is Human biology, so I guess you mean I should start solving AS level Edexcel Biology as well? for the new topics. I have already solved all the human biology available past papers, by checking from grade boundaries I used to get A but then slowly I raised it to A star (old grading system) I really am aiming to get a 9. Although I know it requires extra hard work. I will make sure that I will solve some AS level Biology edexcel past papers! that’s like the optimum advice. Thank you !
Original post by InternetDweller
I think the biggest piece of advice I can give is to compare the previous specification with the new one and check which new topics were added. I can’t recollect the newer topics that were added but it really helped me to look through these topics from AS biology papers and attempt them. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of repeated questions across papers which have the same points in mark scheme - look at these. I did every single past paper and I think that’s what really helped me - you should aim to do this. Human biology is normally the first exam so spend the run up to the exam working on that. Wish you the best of luck and if you have any more queries don’t hesitate to pm me.

thank you so much for responding, i didn’t expect that you would, honestly, anyway, actually all the other IGCSE subjects I am taking are from Cambridge Board Examinations, not Edexcel, my only Edexcel subject is Human biology, so I guess you mean I should start solving AS level Edexcel Biology as well? for the new topics. I have already solved all the human biology available past papers, by checking from grade boundaries I used to get A but then slowly I raised it to A star (old grading system) I really am aiming to get a 9. Although I know it requires extra hard work. I will make sure that I will solve some AS level Biology edexcel past papers! that’s like the optimum advice. Thank you !
Original post by Amirasalah

mE too shdisheisheisdhjs 😭🙏🏻
seems like this document doesn't contain all the specification points..
is it because it was covered in biology?
Original post by aamilah16
seems like this document doesn't contain all the specification points..
is it because it was covered in biology?

Although I'm fairly certain it addressed all the specification points, I think there's a possibility that this is also the case. In that case, it may be worthwhile to see the topics which are mutual between Biology and Human Biology and attempt to make notes for them. However, I only looked through these notes on the day before the exam and managed to achieve a 9 so maybe it might work for you too.
Original post by Amirasalah

sure!
Hi dear
May I have this document uploaded please. So much appreciated!

Thanks a lot and best regards

Original post by InternetDweller
I've compiled a lot of resources from past papers and textbooks and made a word document.

I sat for my Human Biology exam last year and I got a 9. I've attached the original document. I would post the PDF version but it's too large to be attached. Hopefully, if you find any mistakes or missing information, you can edit it and post it again for others to see. The stuff in bold are model answers. The document isn't perfect but hopefully it works to your advantage. I studied Human Biology on my own and did my exam completely based on this note.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions. Tip: Do every single past paper. There's a lot of questions repeated across papers and it's ideal to form model answers for these questions.

Quick Reply

Latest