The Student Room Group

Why do people blast their music so loud?

I recently had to report my neighbour to the council, because he's been so unreasonable with blasting his music with heavy bass and hip hop. Last week on on Friday at 3am music was blasting loudly and that was the last straw, I reported him. What's worse is that I was isolating as I was covid positive and trying to recover.

Previously I had knocked on his door asking him to tone it down some time last year and the polite request fell on deaf ears. Last week was the last straw.

I don't understand what motivates him to play music so loud, as he lives on his own. Why can't he just wear earphones if he wants to hear his music so loud? Why should other people have to be tortured? What motivates such people?

I could understand if he was having a party or if it was listening to the music with other people, but he's literally on his own. What motivates such behaviour?

Scroll to see replies

those types of people are just absolute :poo:
Because it makes us feel gewd

When you have a crap sound system though sometimes you gotta blast it to get full effect. Other times you have great sound system and even if it's low volume, the quality is sharp and you hear it clearer.
If it's shite like ariana grande or drake or bts it should be played as quietly as possible so we don't hear it at all 👌
Can someone report my brother to the council for doing this?

Because he is inconsiderate, trying to annoy you/ attention seek, resents you asserting boundaries OR because he enjoys excruciatingly loud music.
Original post by MalcolmX
those types of people are just absolute :poo:

why would u play music low
Reply 6
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Because it makes us feel gewd

When you have a crap sound system though sometimes you gotta blast it to get full effect. Other times you have great sound system and even if it's low volume, the quality is sharp and you hear it clearer.

You don't think it's chaavy?

It makes you feel good, but do you realise that other people don't care about your music?

Why can't you use earphones, since the music is for your benefit?
why would u play music low

because i don't want my neighbours sleep disturbed ?
Original post by Fruli
You don't think it's chaavy?

It makes you feel good, but do you realise that other people don't care about your music?

Why can't you use earphones, since the music is for your benefit?

because earphones are literally dangerous

Chavvy? Girl bye.
Original post by MalcolmX
because i don't want my neighbours sleep disturbed ?

Why are you answering in the form of a question...?

Then don't play the music at all. Why play it low.
Reply 10
because earphones are literally dangerous

Chavvy? Girl bye. I know ur a black woman. If I called u ghetto would it be ok...

You can call me ghetto all you like. Your insult is got no basis, so it doesn't stick.

However, playing music loudly to cause a nuisance is chavvy. Just calling a spade a spade. Plus no one cares about your music, so why are you causing a nuisance?
Hmm. What music should I blast tonight? Ska? Or Garage? 🤔

👍
Original post by Fruli
You can call me ghetto all you like. Your insult is got no basis, so it doesn't stick.

However, playing music loudly to cause a nuisance is chavvy. Just calling a spade a spade. Plus no one cares about your music, so why are you causing a nuisance?

it's not about you per se if ur ghetto or not. but who do you think you are using offensive discriminatory slurs like chav when ur a black woman..... tf

Anyways no I disagree with everything you've got to say love. Instead of crying to me go take your sass and slurs to your neighbours tough lass 👍
Reply 13
Anyway, the reason this neighbour of mine lives on his own is because his partner left him just over a year ago. She took their toddler and left. I think it says a lot about him.

Thank God the girl had the sense to take their child and leave. She's never looked back.

It scares me that people like this guy are allowed to breed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14
Sorry if you find the term chav offensive. That's your problem, not mine.

I'll have you know that I went to private school, I worked in the city and lived in London before moving out to the Shires, I own my own home, I vote Tory and am a Conservative member.
(edited 3 years ago)
They're Chads and they're asserting dominance
Reply 16
Original post by Fruli
I recently had to report my neighbour to the council, because he's been so unreasonable with blasting his music with heavy bass and hip hop. Last week on on Friday at 3am music was blasting loudly and that was the last straw, I reported him. What's worse is that I was isolating as I was covid positive and trying to recover.

Previously I had knocked on his door asking him to tone it down some time last year and the polite request fell on deaf ears. Last week was the last straw.

I don't understand what motivates him to play music so loud, as he lives on his own. Why can't he just wear earphones if he wants to hear his music so loud? Why should other people have to be tortured? What motivates such people?

I could understand if he was having a party or if it was listening to the music with other people, but he's literally on his own. What motivates such behaviour?

some people are just very selfish/inconsiderate

did the council come and make him turn the music down?

if not you should just spit or his door handle or something. give him lurgee :tongue::wink:
Reply 17
Original post by miniusagi
They're Chads and they're asserting dominance

If by Chad you mean an Alpha male, then I disagree with you.

An Alpha male does not feel the need to prove himself by blasting music. An Alpha male appeals to the opposite sex, without even trying.

Guys like my neighbour are actually insecure incels.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by ANM775
some people are just very selfish/inconsiderate

did the council come and make him turn the music down?

if not you should just spit or his door handle or something. give him lurgee :tongue::wink:

Yes, the council have written to him and he's since stopped.

I know you're joking, but incase you aren't, then I'd just like to make it clear that I wouldn't spit on anyone's door handle. I don't stoop to their level.
Original post by Fruli
If by Chad you mean an Alpha male, then I disagree with you.

These guys are insecure and actually incels.

An Alpha male does not feel the need to prove himself by blasting music. An Alpha male appeals to the opposite sex, without even trying.

why does everyone use incel as a catch all term for a loser? sex has nothing to do with music... anyways, its a joke mate

Latest