The Student Room Group

DWP Situational Judgement Test

I have applied for a work coach position with the Department of Work and Pensions. I have filled out the initial application and completed the Situational Judgement Test. How long will it be until they tell me if I have progressed to the next stage? They say that the whole process takes about a month.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. There is a forum on here with loads of information on the application and loads of people going through the process. My whole process took 7 weeks
It’s called DWP Work Coach vacancies July, Sept and Nov 2020
Reply 2
Hi all,

I’m currently applying for the DWP work coach job that is currently live now. I’ll be honest I always fail on the situational tests, is there any chance anyone could give me any tips or pointers on how to pass these tests as I struggle a lot? Anything will be appreciated. Thank you!
I applied for the ones in my area on Wednesday, completed the SJT the same day still not heard anything. Any advice?
Hi

I completed my application for my areas vacancies Wednesday (the day it came out) the closing date is 13/1 11:55pm - I submitted my SJT the same day around 12pm - ish. Haven’t received anything to say whether I’ve passed or failed yet.

Anyone got any advice or know sort of how long it takes?
Original post by Jobseeker456
I have applied for a work coach position with the Department of Work and Pensions. I have filled out the initial application and completed the Situational Judgement Test. How long will it be until they tell me if I have progressed to the next stage? They say that the whole process takes about a month.

Hi, did you hear back? I did my SJT today so wondering if I should get back my results anytime soon. If you have heard back, how long did it take??
Reply 6
Original post by chyjoh1
Hi all,

I’m currently applying for the DWP work coach job that is currently live now. I’ll be honest I always fail on the situational tests, is there any chance anyone could give me any tips or pointers on how to pass these tests as I struggle a lot? Anything will be appreciated. Thank you!

“Most desirable” or “desirable” answers should be the options/responses that reflect selfless/considerate of others type of attitude. For example if a colleague is having difficulties at work, definitely a pick the answer that shows you are willing to help and support them in every way possible, as most desirable. It’s how I passed mine :smile:
Reply 7
I've been on an 'Employability' course this week. Those who applied with the cut off of Wednesday 13/1 just gone, some heard straight away they hadn't been successful (so I guess failed the SJT) the rest of us still have a message saying we're being reviewed. So I'm hoping that means we passed the SJT. But who knows!
Reply 8
Original post by Zee Bee
“Most desirable” or “desirable” answers should be the options/responses that reflect selfless/considerate of others type of attitude. For example if a colleague is having difficulties at work, definitely a pick the answer that shows you are willing to help and support them in every way possible, as most desirable. It’s how I passed mine :smile:

That's funny, as someone on my course took that approach, and he failed the SJT whereas I took the approach of grassing up to the boss. (Not that I like that, but was told it's what they like to hear!)
Reply 9
Original post by Bev_deV
I've been on an 'Employability' course this week. Those who applied with the cut off of Wednesday 13/1 just gone, some heard straight away they hadn't been successful (so I guess failed the SJT) the rest of us still have a message saying we're being reviewed. So I'm hoping that means we passed the SJT. But who knows!

Original post by Bev_deV
That's funny, as someone on my course took that approach, and he failed the SJT whereas I took the approach of grassing up to the boss. (Not that I like that, but was told it's what they like to hear!)

That’s insane! I literally tested both approaches and failed with the “grassing up to boss” approach and passed by “being considerate, showing compassion to colleagues/customers” on countless occasions lol
Reply 10
Original post by Zee Bee
That’s insane! I literally tested both approaches and failed with the “grassing up to boss” approach and passed by “being considerate, showing compassion to colleagues/customers” on countless occasions lol

It all seems rather odd! Did you pass an interview?
Original post by Bev_deV
It all seems rather odd! Did you pass an interview?

Very! Yes I did, got a formal offer for the East London/Essex region; will be starting in Feb :smile: what about yourself?
Reply 12
Original post by Zee Bee
Very! Yes I did, got a formal offer for the East London/Essex region; will be starting in Feb :smile: what about yourself?

I'm still in the sift!
Original post by Bev_deV
I'm still in the sift!

Ah I see, well good luck!!! I hope you get an offer :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Bev_deV

Original post by Zee Bee

Thats strange because my partner took that approach. Extremely desirable for the positive ones or ext undesirable for those less so but he also failed.
Original post by Zhas
Thats strange because my partner took that approach. Extremely desirable for the positive ones or ext undesirable for those less so but he also failed.

I completed my pre recorded interview today does anyone know how long it takes (roughly) to receive your feedback // find out whether you have been successful?
Reply 16
Original post by Zhas
Thats strange because my partner Dtook that approach. Extremely desirable for the positive ones or ext undesirable for those less so but he also failed.

How long ago was that? Was it the new 5 option format or the old pick one answer format? I've just helped someone else pass!
Hi, I’m currently applying for a work coach role all I’ve done is read since yesterday on the forum , if anyone could please help with any information regarding how should I do my personal statement and the questions please. I have been a stay at home mum for the past few years so it’s a little scary 😟, I’ve never applied to anything similar any advice would be really appreciated.Thanking you in advance
Reply 18
Hey all, just wanted to ask does anyone have any tips for hr pre recorded interview and what questions will be asked? Any tips will be appreciated and thank you in advance !
Reply 19
Yes would be really great if someone posted any of the 5 questions on the interview - would be great guidance please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending