The Student Room Group

What type of music do you like

i do pop and rap & drill sometimes

Scroll to see replies

Metal 😈

Reply 2
I listen to loads. My faves are probably black metal, Irish trad, and folky type stuff, but I like loads of pop, especially 80s and 90s stuff, loads of hip-hop, especially conscious stuff, some old school house stuff, psytrance, generic rock type bands, pretty much all forms of metal apart from the stuff involving dragons, vikings, or pirates
Neo soul, Grime, Hip Hop, RnB, Garage and House
Reply 4
Forgot to add jazz and fusion, especially latin styles. fado is a big one, too (but I class that as folk, really)
Reply 5
Original post by scar05

When you say do you mean produce or listen?
Reply 6
Original post by scar05

oop also emo rappers lol
Original post by V℮rsions
Neo soul and Garage

Nice. Neo soul in EDM form is Trip hop which is twice as awesome. Imagine Erykah Badu with some drum n bass :coma:
death metal, hard rock, heavy metal and a bit of jazz and blues too :')
Reply 9
Original post by Podsy
When you say do you mean produce or listen?

i meant to say i listen to it
majority is Disney, Taylor Swift and Broadway but I'm willing to listen to pretty much anything
Reply 11
Original post by scar05
i meant to say i listen to it

:frown: I guess that's still cool. Currently listening to HOUSTONFORNICATION but I usually listen to just about anything.
Reply 12
Original post by Podsy
:frown: I guess that's still cool. Currently listening to HOUSTONFORNICATION but I usually listen to just about anything.

oh ok
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Nice. Neo soul in EDM form is Trip hop which is twice as awesome. Imagine Erykah Badu with some drum n bass :coma:

that sounds like a ride! Definitely gonna check some of that out, any songs in particular which catch your ear?
Original post by V℮rsions
that sounds like a ride! Definitely gonna check some of that out, any songs in particular which catch your ear?

As for trip hop, start with Wildfire by Sbtrkt + Little Dragon 🔥
I like most music. I like a bit of everything really.
Anything except classical
Indie rock, Britpop, post-grunge, classic rock, hard rock, alternative rock, punkpop, 70s punk, conscious hip-hop, heartland rock, some underground rap, some heavy metal, the odd splash of acid house, a sprinkle of progressive rock, little bits of modern dance music and an occasional smattering of opera.

There’s not many flavours of music that I don’t enjoy anything from tbh
Reply 17
All sorts but mostly Britpop, Indie, Rock and Pop. Usually anything from the 60s-00s.
Original post by scar05

for me it's mostly rap and drill (e.g a boogie and dutchavelli)
Everything 70s (prog rock, glam rock, classic rock), early heavy metal, black metal, soul, jazz

Quick Reply

Latest