The Student Room Group

Dissertation help - sociology

Hello :smile: I am in 2nd year now studying sociology, and I am struggling to choose a dissertation topic. I am interested in feminism and the media, if anyone can help me out it will be helpful.
Thank you :smile: x
Why Women Earn Less in Screen Media.

Trolling, Women and Social Media

Shame: Why Women Are Oppressed by a Globalised Media.

The Changing Face of Sexism: A Study of Women's Portrayal in TV Adverts.

Analysing Modern Feminist Understandings of Media Today.

How Media and Intersectionality can cross over in the media - A Feminist Take.

Just a few ideas :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Sentinel_3
Why Women Earn Less in Screen Media.

Trolling, Women and Social Media

Shame: Why Women Are Oppressed by a Globalised Media.

The Changing Face of Sexism: A Study of Women's Portrayal in TV Adverts.

Analysing Modern Feminist Understandings of Media Today.

How Media and Intersectionality can cross over in the media - A Feminist Take.

Just a few ideas :smile:

You are a life saver! Thank you :smile:
Have you written your dissertation yet, if you have do you have any tips? For this semester I need to write a proposal
Original post by vithuu
You are a life saver! Thank you :smile:
Have you written your dissertation yet, if you have do you have any tips? For this semester I need to write a proposal

Im a bit older now, I finished my Sociology Undergrad in 2017 doing further education now.

I did primary research so it's maybe a bit different, but I suggest you start early and check what literature exists before getting started. This is undergrad do you can't write a 70000-word thesis, so pick something supported by recent articles and books that you can cross-reference with older material to build a critical narrative but also try and have some fun with it, explore something interesting and enjoy writing about it.

Also start asap in the Third Year, I ended up writing mine in two weeks - 10,000 words - I don't advise it!!
Reply 4
Original post by Sentinel_3
Im a bit older now, I finished my Sociology Undergrad in 2017 doing further education now.

I did primary research so it's maybe a bit different, but I suggest you start early and check what literature exists before getting started. This is undergrad do you can't write a 70000-word thesis, so pick something supported by recent articles and books that you can cross-reference with older material to build a critical narrative but also try and have some fun with it, explore something interesting and enjoy writing about it.

Also start asap in the Third Year, I ended up writing mine in two weeks - 10,000 words - I don't advise it!!

Okay thank you for the advice :smile: I am considering to switching the topic to gender inequalities especially to do with BAME women. I feel like that might be easier and interesting as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending