The Student Room Group

Late growth spurt

Did anyone else have a huge late growth because I’m the only one I know that grow 3+ inches after 19. I always use to be tiny then at 18 I went from 5’6 to 5’10 then from 5’10 to 6’1.I find this weird because most of friends stopped growing at around 16 and my biology teacher even told me men stop at 17.
The only spurting I did at the age of 19 was of an entirely different sort. :blush:

6' 1" is a great height. Congratulations.
Not really well I’m still growing but right now I’m 5’7
Reply 3
My cousin. He went from 6 foot 2 to 6 foot 6. He's an exception however; his dad is 5 foot 6 and mother is 5 foot 5.
Reply 4
Original post by gtty123
My cousin. He went from 6 foot 2 to 6 foot 6. He's an exception however; his dad is 5 foot 6 and mother is 5 foot 5.

I’m still growing I think I’ll probably be 6’2/2.5 when I’m fully grown,did your course stop before 21.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I’m still growing I think I’ll probably be 6’2/2.5 when I’m fully grown,did your course stop before 21.

Potentially. He stopped around 21 or 22, yes.

how tall are your parents. its rare to see someone grow so much in such a short time.
aren't you lucky? i had a very early growth spurt, was embarrassing ngl... i looked like a giant... hahaha i was 5ft 6 at the age of 11... lmao and still am.... i am now 16. i wish i had a late growth spurt, so count yourself lucky! i was 144cm in year 3(7 years old) that is how tall i was... but now im average thank the lord.... well a little tall, but your height is fine imo. people grow at different times, it's fine. there's nothing you should be worrying or concerned about! (: be happy with your height!!!
Reply 8
Original post by qwertuyuyuy
how tall are your parents. its rare to see someone grow so much in such a short time.

My mums 5’5 and my dads 5’9/10 but all the men in my family are 5’11-6’3
Did anyone else have a huge late growth because I’m the only one I know that grow 3+ inches after 19. I always use to be tiny then at 18 I went from 5’6 to 5’10 then from 5’10 to 6’1.I find this weird because most of friends stopped growing at around 16 and my biology teacher even told me men stop at 17.

Did you ever grow taller at 19?

Quick Reply

Latest