The Student Room Group

The TSR Old Age Home

Scroll to see replies

Go on, please bring Covid jabs
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
15 years and I haven’t been served my cup of tea yet?

Please for heavens sake, someone make me my cup of tea.

We won't be the ones making the tea. We just watch TV and cause mayhem when the carers aren't looking.
Original post by Notnek
Since my fun in the other thread was disappointingly cut short (:grumble:) I thought I’d start a TSR old age home.

Here we can discuss antiques, bowls and how things were so much better in our day.

So far it’s just me and @harrysbar in the home but others are welcome to join.

If anyone's grandchild comes to visit, I'll ask them if they want to get into Oxford.
wow I never thought id see the day that tsr would have an old age home

i need to go tell my friend about this.....he's at the age of joining although he acts like a 2 year old :rolleyes:

Lol this thread says everyone over the age of 21 should be banned.

Bye everyone on the Oxford 2021 and 2022 applicants thread

Byeeeeeeeeee :hi: Nice knowing ya
i would like to donate some technology so underprivileged oldies can enjoy a level playing field during lockdown:

Spoiler

I would like to say something. Although this thread is for the "oldies" of tsr and I am not that old, to be honest (I'm 14) however I am old at soul - my mental age is 34.....idk how.....
But anyways I know this is for the "oldies" but could I still be part of it? I mean my mental age is 34....I'm being serious it actually is....
Reply 27
I remember when I was a kid that we used to rent our TV, and pay for it by putting money in a meter on the back.

Also remember my first full time job paid £19.05 per week, less than £1,000 per annum !

Maybe that makes me the oldest person in the home ?

@GANFYD - where are you ? Don't pretend you're too young for this thread 🤣
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
I would like to say something. Although this thread is for the "oldies" of tsr and I am not that old, to be honest (I'm 14) however I am old at soul - my mental age is 34.....idk how.....
But anyways I know this is for the "oldies" but could I still be part of it? I mean my mental age is 34....I'm being serious it actually is....

Aw you can be the youngest resident in our OAP home - make yourself useful dear and put the kettle on :h:
Original post by harrysbar
Aw you can be the youngest resident in our OAP home - make yourself useful dear and put the kettle on :h:

Yay, thank u!
Already put the kettle on! - how many cups of tea do we need? :biggrin:
Original post by meddad
I remember when I was a kid that we used to rent our TV, and pay for it by putting money in a meter on the back.

Also remember my first full time job paid £19.05 per week, less than £1,000 per annum !

Maybe that makes me the oldest person in the home ?

@GANFYD - where are you ? Don't pretend you're too young for this thread 🤣

I doubt you're the oldest person - I remember my mum renting the TV too!
Yay, thank u!

not everyone's awake yet... I'll have a cuppa and a nice soft biscuit to suck on please
not everyone's awake yet... I'll have a cuppa and a nice soft biscuit to suck on please

One cuppa and a nice soft biscuit coming right up!
Reply 33
I doubt you're the oldest person - I remember my mum renting the TV too!

Omg!

You're ancient too 🤣
Reply 34
Remember when 1d was a unit of currency, not a boy band 😄

I am 57 and my mental age is 14. You can join in the lols if you like.
Yay, thank u!

Not you're typical home resident.... I don't like tea!!!
Reply 37

On TSR you can be whoever you want to be and become friends with people of any age and background. Real life conventions are thrown out the window. Whatever some people in the other thread think, TSR is for everyone, whether you’re 14 or 84.
Count me in
Original post by the bear
i would like to donate some technology so underprivileged oldies can enjoy a level playing field during lockdown:

When I saw this I thought it would be a pencil for the cassettes- we still have loads of cassettes in special drawers as lots are sentimental attachment mix tapes and bootlegs. They are probably unlistenable but we can't let them go.

Quick Reply

Latest