The Student Room Group

how much money do u have saved

Poll

how much money do u have saved

random question, how much do u guys have saved or have access to. i'll be starting uni this year and wonder how much you guys have saved to start uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben2021uni
random question, how much do u guys have saved or have access to. i'll be starting uni this year and wonder how much you guys have saved to start uni

😳😳people are saving money?? I have £35 to my name 😂 September will be interesting!
Reply 2
Original post by C_sullivan
😳😳people are saving money?? I have £35 to my name 😂 September will be interesting!

Haha not specifically for uni but I just usually save what I get especially in lockdown😂😅 hoping to get a part time job soon as well
Haha not specifically for uni but I just usually save what I get especially in lockdown😂😅 hoping to get a part time job soon as well

Ah fairs I had 2 part time jobs alongside sixth form before lockdown number 1. I was offered to go back to working in a pub just before Xmas but got cancelled before I even had a shift 😂 hard times getting work in a pandemic ig
Reply 4
Original post by C_sullivan
Ah fairs I had 2 part time jobs alongside sixth form before lockdown number 1. I was offered to go back to working in a pub just before Xmas but got cancelled before I even had a shift 😂 hard times getting work in a pandemic ig

Ah that’s so annoying! I was lucky enough to get a job at Tesco when schools shut in March but it was just temporary. Now I’m through to the 3rd interview for a new job, so pretty excited about that😁
Ah that’s so annoying! I was lucky enough to get a job at Tesco when schools shut in March but it was just temporary. Now I’m through to the 3rd interview for a new job, so pretty excited about that😁

That’s great!! Definitely jealous 😂 none of the supermarkets here want me but maybe I’m just better at cafes and bars 😂 good luck with your job!
Although I don't go to university, I have saved a good sum of money, maybe because I am not studying. :rolleyes:

I can’t get a job in my town - partially because of Covid, but mainly because it’s so small yet overpopulated! So, I’m going to have to rely on the child trust fund thing the government set up for a few years
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Sophiebxx
I can’t get a job in my town - partially because of Covid, but mainly because it’s so small yet overpopulated! So, I’m going to have to rely on the child trust fund thing the government set up for a few years

I just remembered about that today! Sent a thing away to find out where the account is so I can access it 😂
I just remembered about that today! Sent a thing away to find out where the account is so I can access it 😂

I had a card sent by the company about 3 months after my 18th Birthday :smile:
Wow that is impressive. How did you manage to do that? Contracting as in building works?

Personally I save £200 to 300/week but it's through delivery work around college. Once I'm qualified as a mechanic I'll be raking in the cash like there's no tomorrow!
That's really well paid, but for me it would be the wrong thing to get into because I'm not really into software and computers, I like cars and working on them. Which is why i want to be a mechanic and hopefully run my own garage one day. If you don't mind me asking which BMW did you have? Bmw does seem the best of the German brands imo, but for reliability nothing can beat honda and toyota!
Those are some great cars, I drove a 520d briefly and I loved it, can't imagine what a 530d would be like. Was also a passenger in a 640d and that was mental 😂😂😂. The best thing for anyone imo is to do what you like, I know for a fact that I would be happy if I had a long day at the garage!
£30,000
Original post by Emma:-)
£30,000

What age are you?
What age are you?

Plus I have a house which I put a large deposit on.
Original post by Emma:-)
Plus I have a house which I put a large deposit on.

That's really good, I'm 18 so got a few years but hopefully I make some good progress in the next few years financially. If you had one thing you could do differently since you were 18 in terms of money what would it be if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Nadim Chowdhury
That's really good, I'm 18 so got a few years but hopefully I make some good progress in the next few years financially. If you had one thing you could do differently since you were 18 in terms of money what would it be if you don't mind me asking?

Errrrmmm.
Probably not looking into or taking advantage of things like top cashback earlier. I've only just got an account on that.
Deffo do Sainsbury's and Tesco loyalty cards though.
who are all these people with over 5000 lol, £76 and counting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending