The Student Room Group

Invite to Covid vaccine?

So I haven't been contacted yet (and not planning on asking GP when etc...) but just wondered who will contact me? GP? Local council? Hospital? and by phone or letter?

Sorry for all the questions!

P.s. I am in 'group 4' for the vaccine if that effects anything

Thank you lovely peeps of TSR :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it'll either be from the NHS (generally) or by your GP. I've not had mine either. They might send it via email too tbh, I've been getting my shielding letters via email and in physical formats.
Reply 2
Original post by Pathway
I think it'll either be from the NHS (generally) or by your GP. I've not had mine either. They might send it via email too tbh, I've been getting my shielding letters via email and in physical formats.

My grandparents got a phone call from their GP inviting them. They also got NHS letters inviting them. (My gran got her first jab today)
Reply 3
Original post by Pugglet
My grandparents got a phone call from their GP inviting them. They also got NHS letters inviting them. (My gran got her first jab today)

Oh! Thanks for the information. Guess me and @Noodlzzz (and other shielders) will find out soon.
Reply 4
Original post by Pathway
Oh! Thanks for the information. Guess me and @Noodlzzz (and other shielders) will find out soon.

I’m group 2 and still waiting 😭
Reply 5
Original post by Pugglet

Are you coping OK? Assuming you're a care worker or NHS? :hugs: Must be anxiety inducing in your position. :s-smilie:
Original post by Pugglet

Out of interest which one was it, are all the elderly getting the pzifer one
Reply 7
Original post by Redfrost
Out of interest which one was it, are all the elderly getting the pzifer one

She received Pfizer. My grandad is unable to have his as he’s currently in hospital. They had AZ for those unable to have Pfizer.
Reply 8
Original post by Pathway
Are you coping OK? Assuming you're a care worker or NHS? :hugs: Must be anxiety inducing in your position. :s-smilie:

Student Nurse.
Coping best I can. I caught covid on my last placement as we had a huge outbreak on my ward. I’m starting in ICU in a week so the stress level is increasing.
Not one person has received the vaccine yet in my area ... our MP now involved in finding out why.
Original post by Pugglet
Student Nurse.
Coping best I can. I caught covid on my last placement as we had a huge outbreak on my ward. I’m starting in ICU in a week so the stress level is increasing.

That sounds incredibly stressful! Have you recovered? If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. You're not on your own.
Original post by Pathway
That sounds incredibly stressful! Have you recovered? If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. You're not on your own.

Yeah I luckily wasn’t too ill. Took around a month for my sense of smell to return.
Thank you ❤️
Original post by Pugglet
Yeah I luckily wasn’t too ill. Took around a month for my sense of smell to return.
Thank you ❤️

That's good to hear. :redface: My brother's sense of smell took that amount of time to return too. He was very happy as he was quite worried it wouldn't, lol.

You're welcome. :hugs:
Original post by Pugglet

Original post by Pugglet
Student Nurse.

Original post by Pugglet
Thank you ❤️

You're not priority because you've developed immunity. Just keep changing your PPE (mask) regularly to limit the viral load and stop worrying.
Original post by AlphaZeta
You're not priority because you've developed immunity. Just keep changing your PPE (mask) regularly to limit the viral load and stop worrying.

And my immunity ends in a couple weeks.
And I’m not worried for my own health (that took a dive a long time ago) it’s more for passing it on to the people I am a carer for.
Reply 15
Original post by Pugglet
And my immunity ends in a couple weeks.
And I’m not worried for my own health (that took a dive a long time ago) it’s more for passing it on to the people I am a carer for.

This isn't true. According to a study I have seen they followed quite a large cohort of people that had the covid-19, they basically took 3 antibody tests from each trial member at intervals, What they found was that antibobies cirulating in the blood had waned for a lot of them except for healthcare workers their antibodies were still quite high.
But even so after the blood antibodies have diminished you still get other levels of protection from things such as T-cells.

Original post by Pathway

My mum had a phone call from her GP surgery to book a date at the vaccination center(not at the surgery). After she had confirmed she was available for the appointment they sent her form to fill out via email/online not really sure.
Original post by JaseyB
This isn't true. According to a study I have seen they followed quite a large cohort of people that had the covid-19, they basically took 3 antibody tests from each trial member at intervals, What they found was that antibobies cirulating in the blood had waned for a lot of them except for healthcare workers their antibodies were still quite high.
But even so after the blood antibodies have diminished you still get other levels of protection from things such as T-cells.

My mum had a phone call from her GP surgery to book a date at the vaccination center(not at the surgery). After she had confirmed she was available for the appointment they sent her form to fill out via email/online not really sure.

Hmm, thanks for the information. Sounds like this is the way it's done (which makes sense!). I doubt it'll be done differently for shielders. Out of curiousity though, what sort of things were they asking for on the form? Don't worry if you're not sure, I'm just wondering.
Reply 17
Original post by Pathway
Hmm, thanks for the information. Sounds like this is the way it's done (which makes sense!). I doubt it'll be done differently for shielders. Out of curiousity though, what sort of things were they asking for on the form? Don't worry if you're not sure, I'm just wondering.

I didn't ask sorry.
Original post by JaseyB
I didn't ask sorry.

It's okay! I hope you're doing okay. :redface:
Original post by Noodlzzz
So I haven't been contacted yet (and not planning on asking GP when etc...) but just wondered who will contact me? GP? Local council? Hospital? and by phone or letter?

Sorry for all the questions!

P.s. I am in 'group 4' for the vaccine if that effects anything

I think they haven't got round to inviting group 4 people for a vaccination yet in most areas but you should hopefully get vaccinated by mid February

Quick Reply

Latest