The Student Room Group

Stalkers

Yoo guys. For the past 3 weeks there has been this person calling me on no caller ID , and this person is persistent ( 50-60 calls missed) the person also added me on Instagram and was discussing personal details of mine , this was happening to several of my other friends . We think it may be one of our friends , (90% sure ) but we don’t know for certain . They said just to leave it , but I want to contact the police , what should I do?
are u a guy or a girl?

if ur a guy and ur phsyically weaker than him and scared to confront, then block him and ask ur mates to speak to him. Or go with ur mates to him and speak to him to tell him to stop.

if ur a guy and bigger than him, go to him and threaten him to stop since ur annoyed.

if ur a girl, report to the police ASAP. I don't care if he sees it as a light joke, just report him and ask your friends to do the same also.

Don't be afraid
Do you have any idea of which friend it may be? You could start a conversation with them about it, but not accuse them of it, and say if it persists you’re going to report it to the police.

If not, keep a record of all the calls and screenshots of the conversations you’ve had with them. You may decide to go to the police if this keeps happening.

Can you not change your number and just give it to a few of your closest friends? Also I would suggest making your IG or any other social media private so you have to accept requests. Don’t accept anyone new for a while.

Hopefully they’ll get bored when you’re not picking up anymore or responding.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Paypurr
Do you have any idea of which friend it may be? You could start a conversation with them about it, but not accuse them of it, and say if it persists you’re going to report it to the police.

If not, keep a record of all the calls and screenshots of the conversations you’ve had with them. You may decide to go to the police if this keeps happening.

Can you not change your number and just give it to a few of your closest friends? Also I would suggest making your IG or any other social media private so you have to accept requests. Don’t accept anyone new for a while.

Hopefully they’ll get bored when you’re not picking up anymore or responding.

Also if you have an iPhone you can silence unknown calls in the phone settings, this means that all unknown calls will be muted and sent straight to voicemail. If you don’t have an iPhone see if your phone offers a similar setting.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
are u a guy or a girl?

if ur a guy and ur phsyically weaker than him and scared to confront, then block him and ask ur mates to speak to him. Or go with ur mates to him and speak to him to tell him to stop.

if ur a guy and bigger than him, go to him and threaten him to stop since ur annoyed.

if ur a girl, report to the police ASAP. I don't care if he sees it as a light joke, just report him and ask your friends to do the same also.

Don't be afraid

I am a guy, and he’s strong , but I’m also strong . I have kept records of everything. Yesterday I tried to convince my friends , but they just didn’t wanna get involved with the police. They feel like it’s not serious and I should just calm down . Also phone calls are silenced , but just seeing that on my missed calls really disturbs me
Reply 5
Original post by Paypurr
Also if you have an iPhone you can silence unknown calls in the phone settings, this means that all unknown calls will be muted and sent straight to voicemail. If you don’t have an iPhone see if your phone offers a similar setting.

This has been going on for weeks now . No normal person would keep calling me consistently, and adding me from different accounts on Instagram . If it’s not the guy we think it is ( 90% sure ) then that’s even more scary
What has he been saying about you? It sounds like you need new friends.
Original post by YaliaV123
What has he been saying about you? It sounds like you need new friends.

He’s been saying racists jokes( I’m
Not concerned about those ) but he was saying personal details about me that only my close friends know
Original post by Original.kenz
He’s been saying racists jokes( I’m
Not concerned about those ) but he was saying personal details about me that only my close friends know

Why do you think he’s doing it? You shouldn’t have to put up with harassment or racist abuse. I would contact the police.
Reply 9
Original post by YaliaV123
Why do you think he’s doing it? You shouldn’t have to put up with harassment or racist abuse. I would contact the police.

I don’t know , he’s just a weirdo. Yhh imma contact the police tomorrow
I don’t know , he’s just a weirdo. Yhh imma contact the police tomorrow

Good luck with everything and I hope he stops harassing you.
Reply 11
Yoo guys. For the past 3 weeks there has been this person calling me on no caller ID , and this person is persistent ( 50-60 calls missed) the person also added me on Instagram and was discussing personal details of mine , this was happening to several of my other friends . We think it may be one of our friends , (90% sure ) but we don’t know for certain . They said just to leave it , but I want to contact the police , what should I do?

just use this: https://www.bt.com/help/landline/all-about-anonymous-call-reject#:~:text=Anonymous%20Call%20Reject%3F-,Anonymous%20Call%20Reject%20lets%20you%20stop%20calls%20from%20people%20who,to%20get%20through%20to%20you.

if its your mobile there's probably some app that can do the same sort of thing.

but yes, report this to the police
This has been going on for weeks now . No normal person would keep calling me consistently, and adding me from different accounts on Instagram . If it’s not the guy we think it is ( 90% sure ) then that’s even more scary

I'd just go and contact the police.
If you have evidence of what's been going on (screenshots of messages, phone calls etc) then that will support your case.
Original post by Emma:-)
I'd just go and contact the police.
If you have evidence of what's been going on (screenshots of messages, phone calls etc) then that will support your case.

Yhhh, I do have screenshots , but then I was very mad as well, so I was also sending threatening messages , so certain chats I can’t show to them ( Ik I wasn’t thinking )
Original post by Original.kenz
Yhhh, I do have screenshots , but then I was very mad as well, so I was also sending threatening messages , so certain chats I can’t show to them ( Ik I wasn’t thinking )

What sort of threatening stuff?
Original post by Emma:-)
What sort of threatening stuff?

Because he was mentioning my family and where I live , I told him if he comes near my house , I’ll **** him up ( kill him)😅😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending