The Student Room Group

I have barely driven in a whole year..

Since covid hit I have barely driven since Feb 2020.. I would estimate I've done 40 miles in total.

I use public transport to get to work as its more convenient and I'd only use my car to drive to leisure places but as they are closed I have had very little need, my car has just been rotting outside.

Anyone else?
Reply 1
Original post by TrueLife
Since covid hit I have barely driven since Feb 2020.. I would estimate I've done 40 miles in total.

I use public transport to get to work as its more convenient and I'd only use my car to drive to leisure places but as they are closed I have had very little need, my car has just been rotting outside.

Anyone else?

I'd imagine that applies to a lot of people.

What about your MOT and annual service? Have you not had those done?
Nah I've made a point of using mine, because as said, otherwise they rot.
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom
I'd imagine that applies to a lot of people.

What about your MOT and annual service? Have you not had those done?

Yeah I have but thats just the garage down the road.
Reply 4
Ordered a car early nov 2019, delivered in may with 7 miles on the clock as of today 2991 miles. I usually do 15k miles/year.

Just seems such a waste just sat there losing thousand of pounds a year and not being used.

I work from home and SWMBO walks 20 miles to work, although she occasionally takes the car now I’m not using it to commute.

The only milage that’s on it now is a couple of camping trips when restrictions were less stringent and shopping.

What’s really interesting is how much more tired I’ve been after a long drive now I’m not going into work every day.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by TrueLife
Yeah I have but thats just the garage down the road.

Just checking! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending