The Student Room Group

Nottingham Trent or uni of Leicester?

I’m applying for Psychology and i’ve decided that i’m going to firm Uni of Nottingham but i’m not sure what to put as my insurance choice. I’m torn between NTU and University of Leicester. Which one has the better prestige/ facilities/ campus/ nightlife etc?(i haven’t been able to visit anywhere because of covid)
Original post by lmao162
I’m applying for Psychology and i’ve decided that i’m going to firm Uni of Nottingham but i’m not sure what to put as my insurance choice. I’m torn between NTU and University of Leicester. Which one has the better prestige/ facilities/ campus/ nightlife etc?(i haven’t been able to visit anywhere because of covid)

I dont know psychology well, but overall I dont think their is a big difference in it prestige wise. Leicester probably more well known as it has a medical school and is slightly older but not a significant difference as this is very general.

Leicester is a campus uni whereas Trent is a city uni in Nottingham city centre. Nottingham probably has more nightlife options being a bigger city and 2 very large universities. But things have been grounded with covid this year anyway.

I would look at the courses specifically and the modules on them and see what you prefer, ultimately the course is what you will be spending most of your time on.
Look for the Campus Tours and previous Open Day films on YouTube.
Look at the content of each course - for all three years of the course.
You have months to decide this - there is no advantage with making an early decision.

Choosing Firm and Insurance : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices
Original post by mnot
I dont know psychology well, but overall I dont think their is a big difference in it prestige wise. Leicester probably more well known as it has a medical school and is slightly older but not a significant difference as this is very general.

Leicester is a campus uni whereas Trent is a city uni in Nottingham city centre. Nottingham probably has more nightlife options being a bigger city and 2 very large universities. But things have been grounded with covid this year anyway.

I would look at the courses specifically and the modules on them and see what you prefer, ultimately the course is what you will be spending most of your time on.

Mnot is slightly wrong, Leicester is a kind of a hybrid between a campus and city university but is classed as a city university.
He is right on prestige though, if you look up psychology courses at universities in the Guardian university rankings, NTU is 24th in the UK and UoL is 26th so not really anything in it at all
Original post by MedicWil
, if you look up psychology courses at universities in the Guardian university rankings, NTU is 24th in the UK and UoL is 26th so not really anything in it at all

Rankings are no way to choose a Uni course.
None of them agree with each other, and they all look at things that have no impact on an undergraduate degree.

And none of them can tell you if you will enjoy the course or being at that Uni.
Time to stop being lazy, and actually do your own thinking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending