The Student Room Group

How long do you study per day? A-levels

A-levels

When you have lessons in the day how many hours do you study in total, including your class times? What about the weekends?

Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

At least 13 - 14 hours. That's because the subjects I take are very demanding. At least 10 hours on the weekend too.
Original post by ilovephysmath
At least 13 - 14 hours. That's because the subjects I take are very demanding. At least 10 hours on the weekend too.

May I ask what you take?
Original post by Advanced-08234
May I ask what you take?

physics, maths, biology, chem. I do international a levels to be specific (Edexcel).
(edited 3 years ago)
physics, maths, biology, chem. I do international a levels to be specific (Edexcel).

Wtf... are u in a2 or as
1 hour

Maths, chem, biology at A2
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by almakhtoumk
Wtf... are u in a2 or as

A2 :smile:
A2 :smile:

Oh ok thank god I’m in as with the same subjects as u and I was like freaking out cuz
Reply 8
I generally had about 3 or 4 hours of classes a day, and did a few hours work in frees and at home, so maybe 6 or 7 hours on a good day? More often than not it would have been closer to 5 hours, and I'd not really take in what I learnt in lessons so really closer to about 1 hour total productive studying haha

Weekends probably about 2 hours (if anything) on Saturdays and then most of Sunday afternoon.
Original post by almakhtoumk
Oh ok thank god I’m in as with the same subjects as u and I was like freaking out cuz

Nah you'll do fine don't worry :smile: just do your best and good things will come your way!

Hey I'm in year 11 and was considering taking that a level combo but wanted to do a humanity as well, so I've settled for bio chem physics and history (or maybe geography) for medicine. Would you say A level physics would be more difficult without maths? I've heard conflicting opinions, some ppl say its necessary and others say its fine without so idk
Original post by lanadelreyfan789
Hey I'm in year 11 and was considering taking that a level combo but wanted to do a humanity as well, so I've settled for bio chem physics and history (or maybe geography) for medicine. Would you say A level physics would be more difficult without maths? I've heard conflicting opinions, some ppl say its necessary and others say its fine without so idk

Hey! I did physics last year without maths, I've only started maths this year (done with half) and I'd say if you did well at GCSE maths A level physics shouldn't be a problem for you :smile: besides, they're not allowed to assume that you do physics with maths and so the maths you'll need to know won't be very advanced. there were only one or two occasions where I thought a level maths would have been helpful but that's because I like to look at derivations and stuff in a lot of detail
Summary: you should be fine, you don't need maths :smile:
I do probably about 6-8 depending on my mood

like 2-3 of actual lessons, 2-3 of hw then 1-3 of independent study/ revision

in non-lockdown I do wayyy less on weekends but atm im doing maybe 4?

its not about how long you study its about how well. (Im predicted 3A*)
Hey! I did physics last year without maths, I've only started maths this year (done with half) and I'd say if you did well at GCSE maths A level physics shouldn't be a problem for you :smile: besides, they're not allowed to assume that you do physics with maths and so the maths you'll need to know won't be very advanced. there were only one or two occasions where I thought a level maths would have been helpful but that's because I like to look at derivations and stuff in a lot of detail
Summary: you should be fine, you don't need maths :smile:

Tysm, I was getting anxious bc I wasn't sure if I was making the right decision lmao. I'm predicted a 9 in both so hopefully (fingers crossed) it should be okay :smile:
Original post by lanadelreyfan789
Tysm, I was getting anxious bc I wasn't sure if I was making the right decision lmao. I'm predicted a 9 in both so hopefully (fingers crossed) it should be okay :smile:

Ooo good luck!

as a lazy rat, i studied around hours, (not counting breaks) during exams month
Original post by qwertuyuyuy
as a lazy rat, i studied around hours, (not counting breaks) during exams month

My problem is I can't help but study, I go crazy when I don't 💁
My problem is I can't help but study, I go crazy when I don't 💁

what did you get for your GCSE's?
Original post by Advanced-08234
A-levels

When you have lessons in the day how many hours do you study in total, including your class times? What about the weekends?

Thank you.

I study psychology, history? And English.
I've also done an epq and 4 music grades since year 12 (I'm in year 13 now).
I don't revise outside of lessons for English and I spend 1 hour a day outside of lessons on history and psychology
Original post by qwertuyuyuy
what did you get for your GCSE's?

6A*s, 2As (and a bunch of other stuff which if I tell you I'll blow my cover 😂)

Quick Reply

Latest